AX8 FX Loop

ssmorga78

Experienced
Ok, I am apparently an idiot. I have great plans to hook up a Timeline, BigSky, and Mobius through the FX Loop of my AX8. Timeline comes in today......I plug it in to the power, Run a cable from Output 2 L to the Timeline, then out of the Timeline back to Input 2 L. Throw the FX Loop block in a preset, turn it on.....and I get NOTHING!!!! I can run the Timeline in front of the AX8 all day, works perfect...... I try to put it in the FX Loop....NADA!!

What the crap am I doing wrong?

FX Loop volume knob turned up? any signal going into the FX Loop block?

post the preset.

If you're running all 3 Strymons in series through the FX Loop, you'll have to run the loop block in series on the grid.

You can use the FX Loop in parallel in AX8 presets where you plan on using only one of the Strymons. Just make sure the program you call up on it has 100% mix.

If you're running all 3 Strymons in series through the FX Loop, you'll have to run the loop block in series on the grid.

You can use the FX Loop in parallel in AX8 presets where you plan on using only one of the Strymons. Just make sure the program you call up on it has 100% mix.

Yes, I will be running them all in Series in the FX Loop. I am still going to use the AX8 Delays, but am really using the Strymons to add my Reverbs and Modulated, Ambient Reverbs. I am planing on running the BigSky first in the group and have the Timeline and Mobius come after it to "add" more to the reverbs. I am still thinking that running the FX Loop block in the AX8 parallel to the signal chain is the way to go though.... I am going to have to toy around with it to make my final decision. I will have them set to Dry Kill(all wet) so that no clean signal comes out of them, just like I would have the Reverb block setup in the AX8. I am having a time though trying to get the levels set in the FX Loop though. I have Output 2 level at 75%, which sounds GREAT....till you kick on a drive or boost block....then the FX Loop takes over. I can turn it down to a good mix when the drive or boost is engaged, but then when I cut them off.....the FX Loop disappears, lol. Its going to end up being a fine line between Love & Hate I am afraid!!!

Yes, I will be running them all in Series in the FX Loop. I am still going to use the AX8 Delays, but am really using the Strymons to add my Reverbs and Modulated, Ambient Reverbs. I am planing on running the BigSky first in the group and have the Timeline and Mobius come after it to "add" more to the reverbs. I am still thinking that running the FX Loop block in the AX8 parallel to the signal chain is the way to go though.... I am going to have to toy around with it to make my final decision. I will have them set to Dry Kill(all wet) so that no clean signal comes out of them, just like I would have the Reverb block setup in the AX8. I am having a time though trying to get the levels set in the FX Loop though. I have Output 2 level at 75%, which sounds GREAT....till you kick on a drive or boost block....then the FX Loop takes over. I can turn it down to a good mix when the drive or boost is engaged, but then when I cut them off.....the FX Loop disappears, lol. Its going to end up being a fine line between Love & Hate I am afraid!!!

If you each of the Strymon pedals set to kill dry, will you not be able to hear the effect of the of the first two pedals in the loop?

If you each of the Strymon pedals set to kill dry, will you not be able to hear the effect of the of the first two pedals in the loop?

I would have thought so too, but.....unless I am just imagining things.....the wet signal passes through to each unit and just builds on top of each other.

Maybe a little off topic, but...

I'm thinking about this great Neunaber pedal for presets where the reverb block overloads the CPU:
http://neunaber.net/products/immerse?variant=11049686977

The send and return blocks don't use much CPU, and I keep the majority of my presets fairly simple.

Nice thing is that it does a wide variety of Reverbs, including shimmer, and has echo and even pitch modulation.

Back
Top Bottom