Ax8 First impressions

frostkald

Hi !

Today I finally got my first Fractal product,the Ax8. It's absolutely fantastic ! The tone,the feel,the quality, amazing. I very happy with it :) I can't wait to try it in live situation!

open

You're going to love it in a live situation. I have been using mine for a long time now and I have to tell you it is one indispensable tool I can't live without. Before you know it you will find a workflow that works for you. I'm jealous for you. I remember that feeling of when you just get used to that being your sound, it's quite liberating. Enjoy it learn it inside and out. When your bored do this find a song on the radio and try to emulate it its fun and educational. I do it still every once in awhile.

Just want to add, I have owned ALL the axefx's boxes from Ultra thru XL+. My recordings in home studio have not suffered one bit. The AX8 is also a killer recording machine...but you do need the interface, etc............

Fortunately i have a Focusrite interface :) When i started using it, this thing is give me a lot of inspiration !I immediately written a tons of new riff ! So thanks fractal , it's amazing :)

My AX8 is set up at home all week. I have a blast with numerous tones, never ending variety. On Sunday I take it to church and have not been as successful finding a great tone in the mix of the other guitar, drums, and bass. Today, however, I nailed it with a SF Twin Reverb. My oh my, it was glorious how wonderful it sounded in the mix. I love this box.

Hope you enjoy the ride! Welcome aboard.

My AX8 is set up at home all week. I have a blast with numerous tones, never ending variety. On Sunday I take it to church and have not been as successful finding a great tone in the mix of the other guitar, drums, and bass. Today, however, I nailed it with a SF Twin Reverb. My oh my, it was glorious how wonderful it sounded in the mix. I love this box.

Hope you enjoy the ride! Welcome aboard.
May I suggest you try the free patches Glenn DeLaune has on Axechange? I used the one based on the matchless chieftain and it was simply Awesome! I used it in worship team setting also. It just has that "amp in the room" sound that cuts through the mix.

Back
Top Bottom