AX8-Edit won't connect

calleballe11

Experienced
Is there a troubleshoot page somewhere? Whats the first things to try?

I Re-installed, tried a different USB-cable and switching to the USB jack that normally has my keyboard.
Worked yesterday, didnt change anything :(

Start ax8 w/o usb connected.
Connect usb cable
Start ax8 edit

There are some more posts about chrome blocking midi iirc, just search
But above is a workaround

Hm wierd...Now it just works :) Probably both my USB cables thats too low quality then.
Thanks all, back to enjoying this awesome piece of gear, having loads of fun with a clean Bludo

Do you use Chrome browser? If yes, kill it and launch ax8edit again

I wonder why this is? Ever since installing AX8 Edit, my Mac has been a lot slower unless I kill and restart both Chrome and AX8 Edit. I wonder if Opera would help?

I wonder why this is? Ever since installing AX8 Edit, my Mac has been a lot slower unless I kill and restart both Chrome and AX8 Edit. I wonder if Opera would help?
Chrome attaches itself to any available MIDI port it can find. The AX8 only supports one MIDI over USB connection at a time. It's not enough to just close Chrome, you have to make sure that it is not running in the background as well.

Then change your settings in Chrome so it won't do this again.
Settings>Privacy>content settings>MIDI devices full control. Check "Do not allow any sites to use system exclusive messages to access MIDI devices"

Then change your settings in Chrome so it won't do this again.
Settings>Privacy>content settings>MIDI devices full control. Check "Do not allow any sites to use system exclusive messages to access MIDI devices"

In our tests that did not resolve the Chrome issue. The AX8 (and the FX8 for that matter) is not a website but an external device. Chrome has to be fully shutdown regardless of that setting.

In our tests that did not resolve the Chrome issue. The AX8 (and the FX8 for that matter) is not a website but an external device. Chrome has to be fully shutdown regardless of that setting.

Thanks for the info. I haven't had the issue since I changed these settings so it must be a fluke.

Thanks for the insight! I'll stick to Opera at home then and enjoy my computer running full speed :)

Back
Top Bottom