AX8 edit freezing up

Larry Largen

Inspired
AX8 edit keeps freezing up on me. I downloaded and installed the latest version today (1.2.2). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Are you on the latest firmware (3.02), and have you tried a different USB cable or USB port?

It was working for me last night with Edit 1.2.2 and FW3.02. In fact, it seemed to be a bit more responsive than it used to be. I'm on a Mac.

It has been working fine for me, the update made it more efficient for me actually. The new "auto pause" (that's my self given name for it, I think...) feature when you push a button/switch on the pedal has helped a lot.

It has been working fine for me, the update made it more efficient for me actually. The new "auto pause" (that's my self given name for it, I think...) feature when you push a button/switch on the pedal has helped a lot.

This is one of the reasons I asked for an explanation above.... Any footswitch pressed on the Ax8 makes a "communications paused" message on AX8=edit now.

This is one of the reasons I asked for an explanation above.... Any footswitch pressed on the Ax8 makes a "communications paused" message on AX8=edit now.
I'm pretty sure this is intentional as to keep the AX8 from constantly glitching while connected via USB. Simply click the message on your computer and AX8 Edit will refresh and resume working as normal.

I'm using the latest firmware. A few times today when switching patches or blocks I get a "communicating " message. And I wait, and I wait, and I wait. Finally after about 10 or 15 minutes I have to hit alt+cntrl+del to shut the program down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it keeps doing the same thing. I'm running Windows 7.

If you don't want this, change the behavior in Preferences.

If you don't want this, change the behavior in Preferences.

Cool , I didn't know there was even an option. I actually like the way it behaves now. I thought maybe the OP was unaware of the new change , thinking it was a flaw. Looks like it was the cable.

Awesome, didn't know about this either.

Also, one thing I noticed while recording is that if it's unchecked (no pause) there is a noticeable delay/hiccup when switching between scenes. When it's checked the delay goes away.

Back
Top Bottom