AX8 Edit and Cab Lab

bdrepko

Fractal Fanatic
When I had my AXE FX2 MK2 I could have both the AXE EDIT and Cab lab connected to the AXE FX2 at the same time. I am not able to do this with the AX8. Is this the intended behavior? It makes it very difficult to audition cabs. Any advice?

I tried installing the driver again and I follow the steps but I get an error message saying that it cannot find the AX8. Not sure what to do.

I tried installing the driver again and I follow the steps but I get an error message saying that it cannot find the AX8. Not sure what to do.

Did you try to restart the AX8? There is a known connection issue in the AX8 since firmware 3.04 that I think they are fixing it.

it's working for me on mac with the latest version of everything. you haven't described any details of versions or OS, which might help.

it's working for me on mac with the latest version of everything. you haven't described any details of versions or OS, which might help.
I am on Windows 7. I am trying to install the latest USB driver. AX8 edit is 1.3.0. AX8 Firmware is 3.0.2. I have tried removing the existing driver and re-installing. No luck as of yet. The funny thing is that even after the error message I can complete the install and AX8 edit does connect. But I stll cant have both it and Cab Lab connected at the same time.

Last edited:
The AX8 and FX8 do not use the Axe-Fx II USB driver as they do not have Audio-Over-USB. Both the AX8 and FX8 are USB 1 devices and use the generic USB driver provided by Windows or OSX to send only MIDI commands over the USB port.

Also please note that the generic Window driver only allows one connection to the AX8 or FX8 at a time.

So then the only way to audition Cab Lab mixes is to do the following:

- start Cab Lab
- create the IR
- exit Cab Lab
- start AX8 edit
- load the IR.

The AX8 and FX8 do not use the Axe-Fx II USB driver as they do not have Audio-Over-USB. Both the AX8 and FX8 are USB 1 devices and use the generic USB driver provided by Windows or OSX to send only MIDI commands over the USB port.

Also please note that the generic Window driver only allows one connection to the AX8 or FX8 at a time.
I understand that audio does not go through USB. I was still hoping I could audition Cab Lab mixes like I did with the AXE FX2.

I understand that audio does not go through USB. I was still hoping I could audition Cab Lab mixes like I did with the AXE FX2.

In order to audition Cab-Lab mixes on the connected AX8 you will need to send the mix to either a User Cab or Scratchpad location.

The easiest way to modify your currently selected preset on the AX8 is to use the "EZ Setup" feature in Cab-Lab to change the preset's Cab block to a User/Scratchpad and then use one of the "Send mix to ..." buttons to audition the mix.

Back
Top Bottom