AX8-Edit 1.9.2 (public beta for Big Sur)

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.9.2 is available below. This build adds no new functionality. The editor was rebuilt to support MacOS Big Sur. The Windows version was rebuilt as well to keep the version numbers in line.

MacOS:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/ax8-edit/AX8-Edit-OSX-v1p9p2.dmg

Windows:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/ax8-edit/AX8-Edit-Win-v1p9p2.exe

AX8-EDIT RELEASE NOTES - PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THE APPLICATION

In general after updating: If AX8-Edit does not connect to your AX8, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General. If AX8-Edit does not show new AX8 parameters after a firmware update, do a Block Definitions refresh under Settings: Preferences: Refresh

Release 1.9.2
November 25, 2020

REQUIRES AX8 Firmware Quantum 6.00 or newer.

Bug Fixes

1. Rebuilt the MacOS version of Axe-Edit to support Big Sur.

2. Application icon has been updated.

Quick question: I went from an iMac 2011 to 2019 model Mojave , the response is really slow when using ax8-edit now.
will this fix that?

I've got a new Mac running the Catalina operating system. I downloaded this update and there is no connection. I manually deselected the ports under Settings: Preferences: General, selecting "none", and now there is nothing to reselect. The refresh under Block definitions is greyed out, so nothing I can do there. Is there something else I should do to get connection to Ax8-Edit and my Ax8 unit?

I have the same problem as DougDR94, on a new Mac Mini M1.
Except - first I ran Fractal-Bot, and it connected, and I started a full backup. Returning to it some time later Fractal-Bot had disconnected, and I cannot get it, or AX8-Edit, to see the AX8 over USB.
I have unplugged/plugged the USB cable and power cycled the AX8, to no avail.
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.37.53 AM.png

I have the same problem as DougDR94, on a new Mac Mini M1.
Except - first I ran Fractal-Bot, and it connected, and I started a full backup. Returning to it some time later Fractal-Bot had disconnected, and I cannot get it, or AX8-Edit, to see the AX8 over USB.
I have unplugged/plugged the USB cable and power cycled the AX8, to no avail.
Power cycling the mac mini got the USB working. I'll see if I can successfully do a full backup.

Power cycling the mac mini got the USB working. I'll see if I can successfully do a full backup.
The backup failed again, on User Cabs. So I restarted the mac again, and this time just downloaded the preset banks. That succeeded, but left the AX8 in a mode claiming "Bank Transfer in Progress". I power-cycled the AX8, and now things are working.

Running Big Sur and cannot see Input or Output ports. Updated AX8 Edit to recommended recent version. Thanks for any assistance. I've read through all of the threads and tried everything.

:( I'd love to see AX8-Edit updated with new skins/themes or even the ability for users to upload custom skins. When i see these software amp sims from various companies the one thing they all have is beautiful UI skins, with great looking dials and such. yea it wouldnt add any new functionality but its like adding a custom paint job to your car. it looks good!

:( I'd love to see AX8-Edit updated with new skins/themes or even the ability for users to upload custom skins. When i see these software amp sims from various companies the one thing they all have is beautiful UI skins, with great looking dials and such. yea it wouldnt add any new functionality but its like adding a custom paint job to your car. it looks good!

how about if it left beta first

Back
Top Bottom