AX8-Edit 1.8.7 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
AX8-Edit 1.8.7 is now live on the website and auto-update.

This version fixes an issue on OSX that prevents Axe-Change and Auto-Update from working.

If running an AX8-Edit version less than 1.8.7 and are experiencing zero results returned from Axe-Change, please manually download the new version of the editor from the website.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-edit-software-editor.php

Release Notes:

Due to more stringent guidelines in the OSX App Transport Security, the URL to access Axe-Change and Auto-Update from within the editor application now uses a secure connection via https. This change is incorporated into both the Windows and OSX builds of the editor.

Updated to the newest version and now my AX8 won't show up, keep getting this message.
Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• ax8 error.JPG
    ax8 error.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 84
Getting the following message when I boot AX-Edit:

"Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version: query_sys_info"

Is this because AX-Edit has not caught up to the 9.02 firmware? Thanks!

I get the same error.
I solved it by connecting USB, Start editor - get the query error. - close the error and the switch the AX-8 of and then back on...

AAEN

Found it! Somehow it got pushed to the very limit of my desktop when I added a 2nd monitor. I was just able to get my mouse on the edge and drag it to the middle.

I get the same error.
I solved it by connecting USB, Start editor - get the query error. - close the error and the switch the AX-8 of and then back on...

AAEN
I am getting this same message. Very frustrating. Just to be clear, so I can try this -- when you get the message, you just shut down the AX8 and restart and that message goes away?

...I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS Mojave 10.14

...AX8-Edit 1.87 works with Mojave, but my computer screen popped some kind of window the first time I opened Ax8-Edit (after installing Mojave) that said that this app is not 64-bit...and that I should check with the developer to see if a 64-bit version is in the works...

...anyone see this on their Macs?

...I just upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS Mojave 10.14

...AX8-Edit 1.87 works with Mojave, but my computer screen popped some kind of window the first time I opened Ax8-Edit (after installing Mojave) that said that this app is not 64-bit...and that I should check with the developer to see if a 64-bit version is in the works...

...anyone see this on their Macs?
You can ignore that for now. It's known.

Sorry if this has already posted.
There is a bug when you cut/paste a drive block : bass, mid and treble value are not transmitted (pasted as zero).
Same thing if you save and load from the library.
Tested on W10.

Back
Top Bottom