AX8 Carry Case...a tip for you..

Which box did you get exactly? I am using a small suitcase now. I also like it because it has wheels. When I travel I usually put my AX8, volume pedal, etc inside and stuff my clothes around it. It is probably not the most reliable solution, but I like that it has wheels and that I get my guitar stuff and clothes in one suitcase. Many of the cases are way too heavy and big to get into a suitcase.

This one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-22-in-Pro-Gear-Cart-Tool-Box-in-Black-222573/205441921

Thanks for the tip, I'm in Home Depot all the time and have managed to overlook these, says theres 5 of these at my store. Sweet case.

Thanks for the info guys. AX8 was ordered last night, and my local Home Depot had these in stock, so i just went and picked one up. I'll be looking for foam next. Any recommendations on that?

Just saw this thread and popped into Home Depot, who is still selling these Ridgid cases for $29. This thing is super rugged. If you’re still carrying around your AX8 in a backpack like I was, this is the adult thing to buy.

Thanks for the info guys. AX8 was ordered last night, and my local Home Depot had these in stock, so i just went and picked one up. I'll be looking for foam next. Any recommendations on that?

I had an old yoga matte lying around. Used contact cement and doubled up the thickness as needed. It doesn't take much - just enough to keep it from rattling around.

I've been looking for a case in Canada and came across a line of cases by Nanuk. They are all currently 50% off for 'Black Friday'.

You can buy them empty or with foam block inserts, so you can customize the interior. Great idea, but for the AX8, you would be removing most of the blocks, so I'm not sure it would be worth an extra $32.34 CDN.

nanuk-925-black-cubed-foam_1728x1728@2x.jpg

Looks like the AX8 would fit in this model, which is on sale for $102.41 CDN (empty), and includes shipping. Certified to be waterproof, dustproof and impact resistant and comes in 6 colours.

• Interior Length 17.02" / 432mm
  • Interior Width 11.78" / 299mm
  • Interior Height 6.49" / 165mm

https://www.hardcases.ca/collections/nanuk-cases/products/nanuk-925?variant=102232322#specs

This model ($118.58 CDN) would fit a pedal on the side and a few cables too.

• Interior Length 20.00" / 508mm
  • Interior Width 14.00" / 356mm
  • Interior Height 7.95" / 202mm

https://www.hardcases.ca/collections/nanuk-cases/products/nanuk-940?variant=102236552#specs

Last edited:
I bought an Apache case today. The 4800 model. There was a 20% off coupon I got google searching harbor freight coupons. I think it was around $44 and comes with customizable foam. I think the coupon is good through Nov 30th if anyone else is looking for a good deal on an Apache case.

Attachments

• F78067B9-6599-439F-8A49-531AA576C600.jpeg
    F78067B9-6599-439F-8A49-531AA576C600.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 46
  • C083AF72-880B-4BFA-BC5C-2B156E9E0B43.jpeg
    C083AF72-880B-4BFA-BC5C-2B156E9E0B43.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 82D7583B-32F0-4E97-8921-39E44763288F.jpeg
    82D7583B-32F0-4E97-8921-39E44763288F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 34
I wanted a padded soft bag w/shoulder-strap sort of thing.....

I found this Gator (brand) GK 2110 at Sweetwater for about $45 bucks. Seems like decent way to go for my needs. I have a couple of cable in the pocket, and there is extra space for me to wrap a small towel around my EV-2 pedal and tuck it on the side. Just sharing an option.....

Gator Bag Open.jpg
Gator Bag closed.jpg

I found this Gator (brand) GK 2110 at Sweetwater for about $45 bucks. Seems like decent way to go for my needs. I have a couple of cable in the pocket, and there is extra space for me to wrap a small towel around my EV-2 pedal and tuck it on the side. Just sharing an option.....
I have a Moen bag that is very similar. I cable-tied the AX8 to a Moen pedal board that was made for the case. I have tuner, AX8, Expression pedal, power, Line 6 G30 all on the board. When I get to a gig, I lift the board out, plug in my cables and am done. In truth it is not as protective as a hard case and I hate to think what might happen if something fell on it but for my needs (for 2 years) it has been going strong.

Last edited:
I bought an Apache case today. The 4800 model. There was a 20% off coupon I got google searching harbor freight coupons. I think it was around $44 and comes with customizable foam. I think the coupon is good through Nov 30th if anyone else is looking for a good deal on an Apache case.

Looks like this one is similar and a bit lower in price by the time the price of the Apache case is converted to Canadian dollars and shipping gets added.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/maximum-waterproof-tool-box-large-0581545p.html

I'm using this same Gator bag. I also needed something that would accommodate my EV-2 alongside and it fits perfectly in that bag. I'm considering making some kind of light backing board to attach the AX8 and pedal to. The cable storage is enough that I can literally just show up with that bag and be ready to go in a pinch.

Hello, i would like one but i prefer a aluminum case, any idea?.Thanks

I found this one on Amazon.ca, but for some reason the link doesn't show when I post it. Here's the description and price.

Description: SRA Cases EN-AC-FC-A501 Large Black Aluminum Hard Case, 18.1 X 13 X 6-Inch with Foam Insert.
Price: $65.00 CDN.

41vjeyAmPtL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom