AX8 Carry Case...a tip for you..

I found this one on Amazon.ca, but for some reason the link doesn't show when I post it. Here's the description and price.

Description: SRA Cases EN-AC-FC-A501 Large Black Aluminum Hard Case, 18.1 X 13 X 6-Inch with Foam Insert.
Price: $65.00 CDN.

41vjeyAmPtL.jpg
Be careful when buying “aluminum” cases for low money. Often, only the rails are made of aluminum. The rest is plastic over a thin sheet of MDF. The plastic is formed to look like embossed aluminum. If rubber feet are used, they’ll usually be attached to the plastic/MDF instead of the aluminum rails.

One way to tell is to feel the panel with the palm of your hand. If it doesn’t feel cold, it’s not aluminum.

Last edited:
I know it's been discussed, but maybe this is a twist on the SKB-2111. This case is 21"x11"x4" which means its not deep enough if you mount the AX8 and pedal on a wooden board. Our drummer's son is a welder/metalworker, so I asked him if he could make a plate to mount the AX8 and Mission SP-1 together. The result is a very easily managed board--comes out easily using the bar in the middle of the AX8, and altogether makes for compact lightweight pedalboard in a case rather than a padded bag.

48991533_379921422567998_7252848428793724928_n_zps1skrgcnd.jpg
IMG_1929_zps2sjfsvpf.jpeg
IMG_1930_zps3ouy3dkj.jpeg
IMG_1933_zpsxmxbua3c.jpeg

Macfly, that is a really nice setup. I just picked up an AX8, and I have no means of transporting it. While I like the soft cases, I feel that a $1100 dollar piece of electronics deserves a hard case. You have me second guessing myself. Do you feel that SKB-2111 gives you sufficient protection? I know it is one of the more durable soft case options. I also love the idea of the metal platform. I don't like putting my expensive stuff directly on the floor, and it is also nice to not have to setup the individual pieces. You really came up with a nice gigging solution there....well thought out.

I bought an Apache case today. The 4800 model. There was a 20% off coupon I got google searching harbor freight coupons. I think it was around $44 and comes with customizable foam. I think the coupon is good through Nov 30th if anyone else is looking for a good deal on an Apache case.

Where do you store the power cable in this case?

Reactions: D20
Where do you store the power cable in this case?

Good question. Lately i have been keeping it in the case with my guitar/bass. I'm sure i could probably fit it in the 4800 model somewhere, but i was just more concerned with AX8 fitting. There are several layers of foam underneath my AX8. I could probably make a section in the foam so that the cable fits as well.

Macfly, that is a really nice setup. I just picked up an AX8, and I have no means of transporting it. While I like the soft cases, I feel that a $1100 dollar piece of electronics deserves a hard case. You have me second guessing myself. Do you feel that SKB-2111 gives you sufficient protection? I know it is one of the more durable soft case options. I also love the idea of the metal platform. I don't like putting my expensive stuff directly on the floor, and it is also nice to not have to setup the individual pieces. You really came up with a nice gigging solution there....well thought out.
So sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, the 2111 is perfectly fine for local gigging. The foam around the unit is about an inch thick. so I feel it's perfectly safe in my trunk with other gear or even in our sound truck. I don't think I'd trust it in the hand of airline baggage handlers though.

This case almost couldn't be any more perfect for me. The only complaint I have is that I wish the pocket on the front was the size of the entire front panel...I really need it to hold just a little bit more stuff. Small issue tho.

I have the same case, and the same minor issue - wish the pocket was bigger, but really like the case.

But now I have two expression pedals. . .

Back
Top Bottom