AX8 Boost Switch with Adjustable Level

Dealmaker

Inspired
We did a thread looking at ways to have a Global Matman stye boost - but the consensus was that there really wasn't an easy solution.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-global-matman-style-volume-boost.110979/

So accepting that it looks like I am going to have to put a "boost/vol" block in every Preset that I do a solo on - then I need a way of controlling that - as I don't want to have to assign an AX8 Footswitch to it.

So I was thinking - what about that old Expression pedal/knob that Mission used to do - see below - I guess that could be used to control the LEVEL of the Boost? ...and then a separate switch to trigger the Boost itself - something like a Boss FS5L or similar??

Or....should I get someone to build me a switch with a control knob built in?? If I did this would it need to have TWO TRS cables coming from it to the AX8 pedal inputs - one for adjusting the level - and another for on/off??

XPB_Black-461x345.jpg

We did a thread looking at ways to have a Global Matman stye boost - but the consensus was that there really wasn't an easy solution.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ax8-global-matman-style-volume-boost.110979/

So accepting that it looks like I am going to have to put a "boost/vol" block in every Preset that I do a solo on - then I need a way of controlling that - as I don't want to have to assign an AX8 Footswitch to it.

So I was thinking - what about that old Expression pedal/knob that Mission used to do - see below - I guess that could be used to control the LEVEL of the Boost? ...and then a separate switch to trigger the Boost itself - something like a Boss FS5L or similar??

Or....should I get someone to build me a switch with a control knob built in?? If I did this would it need to have TWO TRS cables coming from it to the AX8 pedal inputs - one for adjusting the level - and another for on/off??

View attachment 30493

For the easiest method, you'd only need one TRS. The knob controls the pot value and the switch takes the pot in and out of the circuit. Assign it to a global volume location (like Out 1) and use the knob to set the "normal/rhythm level" - and the switch would bump it back up to 100% for a lead. That's basically the Matman boost.

Back
Top Bottom