AX8 -> AXE FX II XL+ preset compatibility?

ztevie

Experienced
Will presets made on the Ax8 be able to open in Axe Fx II? I think we can safely assume it will not be possible the other way around?

There's going to be data in AX8 presets that has no meaning in the XL+ (the footswitch control matrix, for example). And of course there will be data in XL+ presets that doesn't translate to AX8 (more effect blocks, more block instances, more I/O).

In theory, it wouldn't take "much" to build a translator, but that's going into offline editing territory, which FAS has made clear is not an option.

If the Mark I/II vs. the XL/XL+ aren't compatible, there's no way they will make the AX8 compatible.

One thing that would be nice though is a 'axe-block exchange' similar to axe-change except for single effect blocks only.

If the Mark I/II vs. the XL/XL+ aren't compatible, there's no way they will make the AX8 compatible.
But the Mark I/II presets are compatible for the XL models.
But thinking about the footswitch thingy I guess no compatibility Ax8->Ace Fx II...

A lot of buyers would get the Ax as a backup/live rig and still keep their Axe Fx, so for them it would be a huge deal to be able to transfer presets between the devices. But i can understand the problems that surfaces when trying to make them compatible.

A lot of buyers would get the Ax as a backup/live rig and still keep their Axe Fx, so for them it would be a huge deal to be able to transfer presets between the devices. But i can understand the problems that surfaces when trying to make them compatible.
Exactly. Probably a dealbreaker for me. Seems like an AxeFx preset that only uses features supported in the AX8 could be made transferrable. For me, if that's not an option maybe I'll pick up a second Axe from one of the guys selling theirs for the AX8 as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom