AX8 Availability Australia?

Mick Gillies

Hi everyone, new member here.
Don't know if I can get an answer but I'll try - I've been waiting now for several months to get my hands on a new AX8. The Australian distributor marked them as out of stock months ago with an option to sign up for availability updates via email. Apparently the next shipment came... and went.... without any opportunity to get one. The distributor is still saying out of stock with no guesses on a arrival date and wont even take deposits (to secure one from the next shipment). I understand this, as they rightly said they don't want to take customers money with no prediction of availability.
Is availability worldwide an issue for the AX8 or is it just Australia, and if they are in general shortage, how long are we likely to have to wait?
Cheers.

G'day Mick,
Andrew and the guys at independent music will look after you - have you had a chat with them and explained you want one from the next shipment? If not, give them a buzz and they'll tell you the best way to proceed.
Thanks
Pauly

G'day Mick,
Andrew and the guys at independent music will look after you - have you had a chat with them and explained you want one from the next shipment? If not, give them a buzz and they'll tell you the best way to proceed.
Thanks
Pauly
Thanks Pauly,
I'm pretty sure it was Andrew I spoke to, but he couldn't tell me when the next shipment is due. I asked about putting a deposit down but he said until he knows when they're coming in, he's not happy taking deposits, which is fair enough. I just don't want to miss out again with the next shipment - Just have to be patient I guess!
I was just wondering though, are the AX8's in short supply world-wide?

Hi Mick I was one of the ones who got an AX8 from the most recent shipment. To get one I had to register on Independent Music's waiting list and then I got a text (perhaps an email too, not sure) that delivery was imminent and I was given a code to order and pay, which I did. After paying I think I had to wait about a month or so and it finally arrived. According to their site I think you can use a facility to order without paying. But as pauly said the best thing to do is to ring Andrew and actually speak to him. He's a nice guy and I found IM very helpful. But I think if you want one you have to follow exactly what Andrew and IM say.

But it is definitely worth the wait - you will love it and you'll find yourself in a whole new world :)

Oh yeah you will love it. I still cannot forgive myself for waiting so long to go fractal!
Thanks
Pauly

We've been having a lot of problems with part shortages along with unprecedented demand. There is a worldwide shortage of ceramic capacitors. It is impacting lead times on all our products. The large manufacturers have everything on allocation so the small manufacturers suffer.

Thanks for that, it must suck big time when you've got such a great product but cant supply it in the numbers required because of a third party.

Yep I’m in exactly the same boat as u eagerly waiting atm.
I’ve put my name on the list & can’t wait to get one, but no idea as when shipment will arrive ?

Frustrating, but nothing we can do but try to be patient - which is not easy as I have the patience of a three year old when it comes to my music gear!

I bought mine from Independent Music in Feb 17. It was readily available to purchase. I guess the demand has really grown along with the shortage of capacitors Cliff mentioned. Just register and wait.

I was on the waiting list for a long while - then a used unit came up on Ebay (USA) so I grabbed that. By the time I paid shipping + GST + duty it didn't end being a lot cheaper than a new unit, but at least I got one:). No warrantee but i've had it for a while now and it works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom