AX8 and Redsound FR Cab

Tell me more about this cab!

It is Full Range limited band. So is suitable for guitar and bass.
Single woofer expecially designed for this application.
Active 250W RMS
You can use your presets with Cab simulation (or IR) and the sound is very close to the guitar cabinet.
It is very very different compared to a normal FRFR monitor.
for info www.redsounditalia.com

Any idea how well presets would sound in FOH? Is the cabs frequency response flat?

Hi, on my YouTube channel you can find some live videos.
The can is Full Range limited band.
Suitable for guitar and bass.
Is really different from FRFR standard monitor. Sounds and fell is like guitar cab

Hi, on my YouTube channel you can find some live videos.
The can is Full Range limited band.
Suitable for guitar and bass.
Is really different from FRFR standard monitor. Sounds and fell is like guitar cab

I think the question refers to whether the cab - apart from being absolutely fantastic by itself - does align with the frequency response of the FOH.

Which is something I'm trying to figure out too. I own AX8 and this cab too, and I'm working on separate eq on two different outputs as what I feel so far is that the cab gives you a lot more than tweeter-equipped speakers especially on the bottom end and less harshness on the highs, so you need to eq the outputs and you need to be aware of this when you create your presets, as it can be tricky otherwise. Mine is still a work in progress, I'd like to know Marco's opinion on this, it would help me.

On cab's output eq, I'm currently cutting a bit 31, 63, and 125 Hz and adding some over 4Khz to have it aligned to FOH sound.

this cab is not FRFR it is full range but not flat rate.
It has a single coaxial loudspeaker, no tweeter.
it is made to give you the same feeling of typical guitar cab even if you can use the IR as usual.

In my experience, I have always standard montors or in ear to hear the band and the guitar
I need to feel the pression and typical guitar cabinet sound as we did in the past with my amplifier.
I use also to create guitar feedback on stage, and this is not easy with FRFR.

I start to create my sound with headphones, thank I test the sound with RS-LG12 and I am pretty sure I give to the FOH the sound I like

But... my english is not good so I prefer to speak with real example :)

Grazie Marco.
Yeah the lg12 is key to enjoy your sound.
So you do your first evaluation with headphones, interesting. Do you think a mixer headphone output with shure se215 could be useful?
I will follow your example and try doing the same, I'll see if it works.

Grazie Marco.
Yeah the lg12 is key to enjoy your sound.
So you do your first evaluation with headphones, interesting. Do you think a mixer headphone output with shure se215 could be useful?
I will follow your example and try doing the same, I'll see if it works.

I do the first sound with Headphones, than I check the sound with RS-LG12 and with all possible system: car stereo, PA, Air Pods etc. :)

Grazie ancora Marco!

well let me bother you again with last two questions...

Do you not use output different equalizers for your LG12 and PA? Same eq for both ?

And... what connection do you use for your headphones ? SPDIF to your PC/Mac to headphones, mixer, or ?

Grazie ancora Marco!

well let me bother you again with last two questions...

Do you not use output different equalizers for your LG12 and PA? Same eq for both ?

And... what connection do you use for your headphones ? SPDIF to your PC/Mac to headphones, mixer, or ?

No problem :)
I don't use any eq,
I set the echo out to copy out1 to out2
Out 1 to the PA and out 2 to RS-LG12

Back
Top Bottom