AX8 and iPad

I just did my first AX8 gig and used the FracPad as well. Highly recommended! For one thing, the tuner is easier to read than when it's on the floor. Also, if I need to tweak sounds, it's easier than bending over to my floor unit. Worth every penny.

FracPad is the bomb! You end up with an absolute killer interface to tweak settings. I use the AX8 live and I am always adjusting things to fit a specific room.

Well worth the 40 bucks, plus you will need the apple ipad camera adapter to usb thing. I think that was 20-30 bucks.

Really interesting! but just wondering... would it work via midi adapter (like Quiccosound mi.1) instead of using the camera adapter?? Also, does it support 9.03 firmware?

EDIT: just found some info here.

Last edited:
Really interesting! but just wondering... would it work via midi adapter (like Quiccosound mi.1) instead of using the camera adapter?? Also, does it support 9.03 firmware?

EDIT: just found some info here.
I think a user reported the Quiccosound didn't work with large sysex messages so it might not work.
But it works perfectly with the Yamaha UD-BT01 for the AX8 or MD-BT01 for the AxeFx.
Yes it supports Q9.03

I just did my first AX8 gig and used the FracPad as well. Highly recommended! For one thing, the tuner is easier to read than when it's on the floor. Also, if I need to tweak sounds, it's easier than bending over to my floor unit. Worth every penny.

how you connect to the ax8? Can it be done wirelessly with blue tooth? Thanks

how you connect to the ax8? Can it be done wirelessly with blue tooth? Thanks

Yeah, sort of. You have to have this Yamaha BT adapter, which you plug in. For me on a gig, I have a little battery box that I plug my Bluetooth USB adapter and my iPad into at the base of my mic stand.

If you search FracPad on YouTube, the creator posted a great video.

Does the Yamaha BT adapter need an app to connect first to iPad or is it just a plug'n'play? Open FracPad and connection will be automatic?

Just launch midimittr app, connect your UD-BT01 then Fracpad

Will this work too?
Quiccosound mi.1 | Wireless MIDI Interface

Would be nice when it takes the needed power from midi connection, if i understand it correct.

Hey, @AlGrenadine i've recently purchsed FracPad III and i'm very happy with it. i want to buy the Yamaha UD-BT01 to connect Ipad and AX8 but i was wondering: does the Yamaha UD-BT01 needs to be plugged in the outlet at all times? or does it have a battery allowing it to work even while unplugged. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom