AX8 and 4CM

if you use an amp you like get the fx8 for some killer effects and switching options. If yoiu like your amp already no need for modeling i would think.

ax8 will not have relay switching however. Confirmed by Joe in person at the LA amp show. Fx8 is a better choice if you need amp channel switching in your presets.

The problem with relay switching is that you use up some of the very limited blocks with a relay block unless you're using scenes.

if you use an amp you like get the fx8 for some killer effects and switching options. If yoiu like your amp already no need for modeling i would think.
That's absolutely right, but different musical situations require different tools, and having them all in one flightcase is just great:)

i know for the Axe-Fx, with just Shunts in a preset (the "blank" block that just passes signal) and the Out knobs all the way up, you get Unity Gain. this may be the same for the AX8,

I hope Cliff rethink this to give a little boost (3/6db). It is more guitar-mind friendly, give the mid-minded player the feel of "better tone!" ;) and allow quick adjustment of level on stage.

I hope Cliff rethink this to give a little boost (3/6db). It is more guitar-mind friendly, give the mid-minded player the feel of "better tone!" ;) and allow quick adjustment of level on stage.
But that wouldn't be unity gain? You can easily add level in any block, GEQ, Output Mixer or Input Gate.

The problem with relay switching is that you use up some of the very limited blocks with a relay block unless you're using scenes.
Yes, scenes are pretty much the way to go anyhow. Just create nice scenes and save yourself the tapdance. Just put your amps channel switcher in front if you want to do it manually and save blocks.

Yes, scenes are pretty much the way to go anyhow. Just create nice scenes and save yourself the tapdance. Just put your amps channel switcher in front if you want to do it manually and save blocks.
I kept the amp switch on my board. Scenes may be useable once we can have any combination of scenes and stomps assigned to the 8 switches.

Ok, so generally you can say, if it has Humbuster tech, you don't need extra Tools for galvanic isolation to avoid ground hum?
Has anybody some advices for a small and reliable Midi Relay Switcher? Think Voodoo lab has one...

But that wouldn't be unity gain? You can easily add level in any block, GEQ, Output Mixer or Input Gate.
The differences... in a block, you should add the block in any preset, and save the new level value in each preset.
In global mixer (or any global output) you have to go in menu to select the level. I prefer to have a frontal knob with 20 dB boost and neutral dent (or sign), and internal level 0-100%, instead of having a knob with 0 boost and values that goes from -80 to +20 db. The global mixer is per scenes, doesn't it?
I feel confortable in stage to start with unity gain, having the ability to boost or cut with a quick twist of a knobglobal level depending on the performance.
AXEFX II logic in studio is perfect. I think the cut/boost approach for AX8 is the best because it is more stage-oriented.

The differences... in a block, you should add the block in any preset, and save the new level value in each preset.
In global mixer (or any global output) you have to go in menu to select the level. I prefer to have a frontal knob with 20 dB boost and neutral dent (or sign), and internal level 0-100%, instead of having a knob with 0 boost and values that goes from -80 to +20 db. The global mixer is per scenes, doesn't it?
I feel confortable in stage to start with unity gain, having the ability to boost or cut with a quick twist of a knobglobal level depending on the performance.
AXEFX II logic in studio is perfect. I think the cut/boost approach for AX8 is the best because it is more stage-oriented.
This is a good point (y)

Back
Top Bottom