Ax-APE: Orange Tiny Terror

I tried this with the AX8 last night and it's great. Only thing is when I turn the knobs on ax-ape it turns really slowly and eventually reaches where I meant to turned the knob. I assume this is normal at the moment? Again, I love this idea! keep up the great work sir.

I tried this with the AX8 last night and it's great. Only thing is when I turn the knobs on ax-ape it turns really slowly and eventually reaches where I meant to turned the knob. I assume this is normal at the moment? Again, I love this idea! keep up the great work sir.
Hrm, what kind of computer is it? Are you using the latest version of APE, the one with all the stickers? Are you connected to your AX8 over USB or over MIDI? I've just noticed that on my Axe-FX II the knobs perform significantly worse over MIDI cable versus USB.

Also, which knobs are moving slowly, the ones on the computer screen or on your AX8?

Last edited:
Hrm, what kind of computer is it? Are you using the latest version of APE, the one with all the stickers? Are you connected to your AX8 over USB or over MIDI? I've just noticed that on my Axe-FX II the knobs perform significantly worse over MIDI cable versus USB.

Also, which knobs are moving slowly, the ones on the computer screen or on your AX8?

Windows 10. I downloaded APE last night so whatever version was up there then. Yup has all the stickers. AX8 is connected over USB. All three knobs of the amp are moving slowly.

Windows 10. I downloaded APE last night so whatever version was up there then. Yup has all the stickers. AX8 is connected over USB. All three knobs of the amp are moving slowly.

@Fenderbendr sounds similar to your setup (Windows, AX8), can you confirm how fast/slow the knobs are responding for you? I use a 5-year old MacBook Pro and at least for me the knobs are nearly instant and smooth to my Axe-FX II XL over USB.

Back
Top Bottom