Bug? AX 8 with Logic Pro X and Mac OSX Sierra

kalyan baruah

The AX 8 suddenly crashes or no sound while connected with Logic Pro X with AX 8 Edit on..
Have to reboot the Ax8 and sound comes back on with the same setting as before rebooting.

Ax 8 main out 1 (L+R)to Apogee Ensemble----Logic Pro X stereo Track...
USB to Mac OSX 10.12.3 on Mac Book Pro

I don't have that problem with my early 2015 retina MacBook Pro. I use an Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen) and connect my AX8 by SPDIF and record to logic without any problem or any kind of crash.

I had this happen too, MacBook Pro with Sierra while using AX8-Edit. Was working fine then no sound. I restarted the AX8 and all was good. Only happened once since upgrade to 7.0.1.

Meaning ..theres no sound from the AX8..sound comes back on after rebooting the AX8..but this problem still persists...have rebooted numbers of times till now..also change the USB cable....and always the same problem..Is theres something that I'm doing wrong..?

Contact Support.

In the meantime, find the exact steps to reproduce the issue. It isn't the USB cable. You mention Logic. Does it happen every time you open Logic? Maybe Logic is sending unwanted MIDI CC (if it sends CC 11 with a value of 0, you'd lose all sound)?

thanks for your reply...yes every time i open logic , the AX 8 goes off..You are right....I guess it could be sending MIDI CC...

There is a freeware app for Mac called MIDI Monitor (by snoize). You can use it to spy on the MIDI output from Logic to your AX8. That could shed light on the situation.

I had my AX8 crash and no sound coming out too but it was connected to W7 Laptop using latest version of Edit that crashed while tweaking a preset and had to power cycle the AX8, the attached preset originally had a OD & Chorus block so I removed them and it did not crash after that.

Attachments

• Marshal Plexi 50 Wat.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Not sure if this ever got resolved for the OP but I had the same issue with AX8 and Logic - and it was indeed that the AX8 had 'taken over' a MIDI setting for a keyboard MIDI controller in Logic. Once I corrected that everything was back to normal again.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom