Avengers Endgame

These comic book movies are actually pretty deep. Thanos is a bad guy.... or is he??!!?? You see, if you're not on top of your game, these hollywood people will make you believe that good is bad and bad is good. Really makes you think.

Perhaps to go even deeper, the avengers executives, financiers and producers could make a movie about the motives behind the superhero genre. That would probably be boring as it's all about the money......... or is it??!!??

These comic book movies are actually pretty deep. Thanos is a bad guy.... or is he??!!?? You see, if you're not on top of your game, these hollywood people will make you believe that good is bad and bad is good. Really makes you think.

Perhaps to go even deeper, the avengers executives, financiers and producers could make a movie about the motives behind the superhero genre. That would probably be boring as it's all about the money......... or is it??!!??

Thanos was right.

My favorite lately is watching YouTube clips with theaters full of people losing their minds over it. Especially the on-your-left scene.

I checked out of Marvel a long time ago, giant CGI slogfests with super heroes doesn't really so. But what I hear it's just as well. Marvel MCU? Marvel M-SheU, phase bore.

This is why I prefer to watch older DVD's. While everyone purges their DVD and Bluray collections because they're switching over the to streaming crap from Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ I'm scoring good movies for peanuts and be constantly reminded how much better entertainment was, before it was all about boxes that had to be ticked off, heroes were actual heroes, not villains in disguise and villains were still villains, not writers's pets. It's great being an old fart, because you actually remember that things used to be great once. And now I'll leave my soapbox and go back to the peanut gallery.

I'm right with you. I prefer those old classics such as Where Eagles Dare, in which it was obvious from the outset who the nazis were and who were the heroes. Or The Wizard Of Oz, where the hero behind the curtain turned out to be exactly like Dorothy expected. And who can forget the complete absence of any message in Capra's It's a Wonderful Life? And thank god for the lack of commentary on racism and justice in To Kill A Mockingbird.

I'm right with you. I prefer those old classics such as Where Eagles Dare, in which it was obvious from the outset who the nazis were and who were the heroes. Or The Wizard Of Oz, where the hero behind the curtain turned out to be exactly like Dorothy expected. And who can forget the complete absence of any message in Capra's It's a Wonderful Life? And thank god for the lack of commentary on racism and justice in To Kill A Mockingbird.
You guys got me wanting to watch The great escape, The dirty dozen, or Patton now. Lol
When actors actually had to act to make the movie.

I enjoyed the premier of LOKI … really, the best parts were just a couple of guys sitting around talking.

And the great art direction … a terrific sense of style, drawn from Gilliam’s Brazil and the ’50s.

Last edited:
I see the grumpy old men have entered the chat. I say that with love. There are plenty of older films I adore, especially in the horror genre. The OG Omem and Wickerman. And JC's The Thing is one of my favorite movies of all time. I watch it every time we get our first big snow in Chicago. And that damn music. Ennio Morricone's score is iconic in it's sinister simplicity.

It's true I am a grumpy old man, but in this particular instance I was being sarcastic. I think there have always been great movies with social messages, and I also enjoy plenty of modern movies, also with social messages. And great acting.

Super heros shooting up and a narcissistic superman suckling on a tit...I thought Hancock the drunk superman was great too.

I need to watch it without the kids. I had to pull the plug about 15 minutes in when they
arrived at the erotic bar filled with coke, lots of skin, and questionable characters. ;)

Seems like that guy is only excited with MCU action and special effects, and he falls sleep with the dialogues. These dialogs are, precisely, part of the greatness of Loki

And it is getting even better!

BTW: keep watching the 4th episode after the end. My wife wanted to switch to Netflix when it finished but, fortunately, I won the fight to keep the remote control on my hands :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom