Avenged Sevenfold/Deftones/Ghost BC - Axe FX II Live

KH2203

Saw A7X, Deftones and Ghost last night. I know for sure that Deftones and Ghost were going direct with their Axe FX II's and I'm pretty sure I spied some MFC's on stage for A7X. First time I had the opportunity to hear the Axe (with the amp blocks engaged anyway) in an arena setting. It was absolutely amazing. Steph from Deftones has his album tones nailed. I was totally blown away with how great they sounded. Ghost and A7X sounded great too. Truly a testament to how far this little black box has come and how widely used it is becoming. Never would I have thought I would see an entire tour all use Axe's for everything. Way cool.

No more multiple semi tours with this little black box...unless all these arena shows still have crazy huge stage props.

I wonder if he'll "progress" onto using the axe for his Uberschall high gain tones, or maybe tone match his amp. That would be really cool. I love his hot and whiny lead tone. Reminds me of a more aggressive version of Slash.

I wonder if he'll "progress" onto using the axe for his Uberschall high gain tones, or maybe tone match his amp. That would be really cool. I love his hot and whiny lead tone. Reminds me of a more aggressive version of Slash.

Agreed! I love his tone as well, still have a ton of trouble getting a good lead tone like his out of the AxeFX II though. Not the units fault, I just don't know how to really dial it in well. Need to brush up on my Syn tone and see what I can come up with. :p

Look for my Uberschall Lead patch on Axe Exchange. I did a demo using a Boogie on the left and Uberschall on the right.

The secret to his tone other than the ridiculously high output SD Invaders is using a compression pedal in front of his amp and waaaay less gain than you realise.

I don't recognise the amp heads in the photo. Is he still using the Uberkab with V30's and GT12-75's?

I don't recognise the amp heads in the photo. Is he still using the Uberkab with V30's and GT12-75's?

I believe they are his new signature Hellwin heads from Schecter. Apparently he and Zacky used them to record the new album. Not sure about the cabs though.

Back
Top Bottom