Ave Fx Ultra to AX8?

Glauben

Thinking of making the switch from ultra to the AX8. Currently using a Behringer pedal board and feel as if I'm limping along. Never went to the MFC. Using some patches with dual amps.

Wondering if the updated software outweighs the loss of dual amps and flexibility.

Should I be moving to the II-XL and MFC or would the AX8 be a substantial upgrade tonally and functionally?

Are you using dual amps for seamless amp channel switching, or for specific dual tone (tone stacking) type of stuff?

The AX8 will obviously only have one amp per patch, but a lot of folks here agree that the amp modeling is mind blowingly good since Quantum, and a significant improvement from the Ultra days. The AX8 is the cheapest entry point to the new modeling.

The other thing to consider is how soon you want to upgrade. If you're not already on the AX8 waiting list, expect a good long wait. Or, you can get an XL (closeout model for $1999.95) and MFC today.

To answer your question, "tone stacking" on some patches.

With the flexibility, maybe an XL II would be a good jump.

Why not just keep the Ultra? If you are set on two amps going at the same time, the Axe Fx II is the way to go. The AX8 has X\Y amps, but only one at a time...

You can grab the AX8 on reverb for the low low price of $2300... ;)

I recently upgraded my Ultra after 7 yeas of faithful service and opted to go with the Axe FX because I really like having all that it offers in terms of flexibility and power. I still might get an AX8 for a backup but then again I may just get another Axe FX. Having 2 Ultras spoiled me.

Back
Top Bottom