AutoWah engage

godwentpunk

Inspired
I am using a FCB1010 as my midi controller and the second expression pedal as my WAH. The documentation says the "...turns off when you
return to the heel-down position" The issue with that is my pedal #1 is my volume and I'm always hitting pedal 2 by mistake (because it's up). Is there any way to change the auto-engage feature so that it only on when the toe is not on, so, toe down means off. Maybe recalibrate the pedal to be backwards?? ...Heal down would be 127 and toe down = 0 ???

joe...

Set Off Value in the modifier menu to 95%.

+1 I use my wah like this and it is not only comfortable, safe and workable, it's also, for me, a better transition between the on and off states.
I also recommend that on presets using a wah, the input impedance be set to 1Mohm, which minimized the "thunk" between on and off stages.

Ok, will give that a try...makes sense.

joe...
One thing that works exceptionally well is to use a spring on the pedal to always force the pedal back to heel-down when you take your foot off. I've done this with anything that uses autoengage. Personally I like starting at heel down unlike a traditional wah that forces you to start at toe down.... I did this with a FCB1010 also before I got my MFC - now I have a hollowed-out cry baby with the spring on the front to kick it back.

Back
Top Bottom