Automatically created presets

Wouldn't it be interesting to have an app that can hook into something like Axe edit 3 directly and autonomously build random presets.
The software could be written in a way to take into account some rules of thumb for audio chains. Like, you cant put this before that and so on.
I am not talking of AI music creation. That just sucks and is scary. Maybe more of an AI music tool creator.

Or is this already done and I have yet another lame idea? I am getting older and I just cant always keep up.
I have all kinds of ideas but it seems I find almost all of them have already been realized. There are too many people on earth to compete with anymore.

All of the factory presets on the AXE FX are man made............... right?

Yeah, but isn't that just random from the factory presets?
TBH, I'm not sure what you are looking for :) And I'm just joking, sorry if it didn't come too obvious, my bad :)

If you are looking for some inspiration, the last bank of factory presets has so many sounds to explore that it probably beats AI generation at this point. And if you are looking for different ways to build presets, Gift of Tone series and Axe-Change are such great sources of content. Of you can invest some time and money into popular 3rd-party presets which are plenty in the Vendors forum.

And if your only goal is to have so randomly generated presets just for the sake of it, than hopefully FracTool has what you are looking for :)

TBH, I'm not sure what you are looking for :) And I'm just joking, sorry if it didn't come too obvious, my bad :)

If you are looking for some inspiration, the last bank of factory presets has so many sounds to explore that it probably beats AI generation at this point. And if you are looking for different ways to build presets, Gift of Tone series and Axe-Change are such great sources of content. Of you can invest some time and money into popular 3rd-party presets which are plenty in the Vendors forum.

And if your only goal is to have so randomly generated presets just for the sake of it, than hopefully FracTool has what you are looking for :)
Not looking for anything, no goal, just thinking aloud. A, what if......which may exist in some form anyway.

Here's a thought on random presets: there are an infinite number of terrible ones that you could have to listen to before you find one that's slightly less terrible.
True, the KPAs exchange was practically a useless wasteland of what seemed to be trolls trying to compete in creating the worse profile they could.
What is the general consensus of the AXE Exchange, the same or better? Have gotten there yet.

What is the general consensus of the AXE Exchange, the same or better? Have gotten there yet.
It's like everything else - some great presets, some stinkers, and everything in between. One thing to keep in mind when scrolling through exchange - everyone's setup is different (guitar, amplification etc) so be mindful of levels. I've auditioned some presets that about blew my nuggets off the level was so high.

Here's a thought on random presets: there are an infinite number of terrible ones that you could have to listen to before you find one that's slightly less terrible.
This!

To get a taste of what a preset randomizer would be like, get a traditional guitar amp and a niece/nephew under the age of 5. Have them turn the amp’s knobs to whatever settings they want. Then strum a chord, and see how you like the results. Repeat this for a few weeks until you get a sound that’s marginally acceptable. :)

This!

To get a taste of what a preset randomizer would be like, get a traditional guitar amp and a niece/nephew under the age of 5. Have them turn the amp’s knobs to whatever settings they want. Then strum a chord, and see how you like the results. Repeat this for a few weeks until you get a sound that’s marginally acceptable. :)
That would depend on the quality of the software. If the right parameters/ restrictions are in place who knows. I don't mean totally random. Of course there would be guidelines. Not just throwing a bunch of blocks together.

Wouldn't it be interesting to have an app that can hook into something like Axe edit 3 directly and autonomously build random presets.
The software could be written in a way to take into account some rules of thumb for audio chains. Like, you cant put this before that and so on.
I am not talking of AI music creation. That just sucks and is scary. Maybe more of an AI music tool creator.

Or is this already done and I have yet another lame idea? I am getting older and I just cant always keep up.
I have all kinds of ideas but it seems I find almost all of them have already been realized. There are too many people on earth to compete with anymore.

All of the factory presets on the AXE FX are man made............... right?

I have some experience writing software that automatically generates presets. Usually what you're looking for in these situations is some inspiration...something that's different enough from what you usually use that it breaks you out of a rut, but not too different that it's jarring or useless. I've had good success with schemes based on that strategy: provide a starting preset and ask for creation of some variations on that theme. You can get some pleasing results that both inspire and surprise.

Another approach I've found that works well is: take two presets and ask for some variations that are combinations of those two.

Yet another approach that works well if you have a decent sized library: take a preset and ask for other presets in your library that are similar to that.

I have some experience writing software that automatically generates presets. Usually what you're looking for in these situations is some inspiration...something that's different enough from what you usually use that it breaks you out of a rut, but not too different that it's jarring or useless. I've had good success with schemes based on that strategy: provide a starting preset and ask for creation of some variations on that theme. You can get some pleasing results that both inspire and surprise.

Another approach I've found that works well is: take two presets and ask for some variations that are combinations of those two.

Yet another approach that works well if you have a decent sized library: take a preset and ask for other presets in your library that are similar to that.
These are all features of the next-gen editor you're working on right? ;)

How will AI influence the manufacturing of presets? I envision an AI that knows my gear and setup, my preferences, my bandmates and the songs I play. Will AI generate presets for me in ten years?

Back
Top Bottom