Auto Whammy

Randall d

Experienced
Okay, I need to simulate the guitar effect at the beginning of Comfortably Numb. I figured I would use the Whammy effect in the Poly mode, but since I don't use the whammy effect any other time I do not want to dedicate an expression pedal to that effect. Is there any way that I could use a time based controller that would basically perform the function based on when I kick the effect on? I.e. I would play the chord, and then kick in the whammy effect and it would automatically do the pitch transpose (Whammy) at the rate established by the time based controller. Can anybody help me with this?

Okay, I need to simulate the guitar effect at the beginning of Comfortably Numb. I figured I would use the Whammy effect in the Poly mode, but since I don't use the whammy effect any other time I do not want to dedicate an expression pedal to that effect. Is there any way that I could use a time based controller that would basically perform the function based on when I kick the effect on? I.e. I would play the chord, and then kick in the whammy effect and it would automatically do the pitch transpose (Whammy) at the rate established by the time based controller. Can anybody help me with this?

Yeah. Except I do it manually. A slow glass slide(with a fading delay ), from the B triad(4th fret) and up the neck . Put the slide in your pocket when done. That's all it is. HTH

Attach an external controller to whammy bypass and whammy pitch.

Use the modifiers to damp the pitch raise.

Or, if you want more control, attach the external controller to whammy bypass and to LFO (1 pr 2) run parameter, then attach the pitch to the LFO.

i'd use the fixed shifter instead of the whammy, as it'll track the chord better

attach an external to pitch bypass

attach the same external to pitch

set damping to maximum and set max value to what you need

if that's too fast, attach pitch to the lfo

set the lfo to saw up

attach your external to the "run" parameter

set the speed of the lfo to taste

no, don't use the fixed shifter, sorry...it doesn't glide smoothly from one pitch to the next. the whammy is the best one to use. sorry for any confusion!

Back
Top Bottom