Auto-engage "reverse" operation for Lexicon MPX-R1

damienmcgauley

Inspired
Hi all,

I'd like to use my Lexicon MPX-R1 Midi controller with my Axe Fx II and use the Auto-Engage for Wah, but slightly differently.

When using the MPX-R1 with a MPXG2 when I step off my continuous controller pedal the pedal "falls" down to full ON 100% position.

The advantages of this are twofold:
1) any patches with Volume blocks assigned to the CC pedal are at automatically set to 100% (so no unexpected volume drop outs when playing live and switching patches!
2) The pedal "rests" on the toe switch under the pedal for easy switching of drive without adjusting the CC level much. (this is also handy as I can keep my foot on one pedal for drive AND/OR Wah).

Id like to set up the Axe Fx II to Auto-Engage the Wah when the pedal is moved from 100% to below 95%. I'd then be able to assign the Drive block (or X / Y) to the toe switch (and not accidentally Auto-Engage the Wah) if I just wanted more drive. The main advantage of this is so that I can keep my foot on just ONE CC pedal during a song and not avert my attention to the pedal board when playing.

Is it possible to set this up through Axe Edit?

Best regards,

Damien.

Hi Bakerman,

I'm afraid this solution doesn't work for me. It turns the Wah "on" when the pedal is over 95%. The pedal is *always* at 100% when left idle. I need it turn ON when the pedal drops *below* 95%.

I don't think the auto engage has this feature.

I see now that the Axe II manual describes it like you did. On the standard/Ultra the top of the range becomes the off zone when off value is above 50%. That seems like an odd thing to change without allowing a way to keep the option of toe down being off.

Works here. It turns off at 95% and above, off below that.

Bakerman:it works the same way on the II

I've programmed both Gen1 and Gen2 (Standard/Ultra and II) to do this and it works, no issue. I program controllers and expression pedals from the front panel of the hardware though.

If the midi expression pedal doesn't work this way for you - then it is more likely something is up with the midi expression pedal.

Doh! I see what the problem is!

The "toe switch" on the MPX-R1 has a little spring inside it which actually pushes the pedal up slightly at the toe end. This means when the pedal "drops" it's actually resting at around 85-90%. (I can see this from the little graph on the front of the Axe).

I suppose it's just a matter of tweaking it a little.

Thanks you all so much for your help on this one :)

Damien

PS: is it normal that the little ball on the controller graph in AXE EDIT doesn't go up and down when I move my pedal (it only ever moves on the display of the AXE). Maybe I have something set up wrong on AXE EDIT?

PS: is it normal that the little ball on the controller graph in AXE EDIT doesn't go up and down when I move my pedal (it only ever moves on the display of the AXE). Maybe I have something set up wrong on AXE EDIT?
Make sure you have send realtime sysex set to ALL on the Axe-Fx. Even then, I'm not 100% certain this tracks on Axe-Edit. It's been a while since I've bothered to look at make sure.

Back
Top Bottom