Auto Check for FW Public Beta

I’m no fan of any automated mechanism to foist beta software on the general public. The number of posts and support requests from confused and upset owners would skyrocket.

Just look at how many confused people needed to be reminded to “refresh after new firmware” in recent betas. And those are people who are actively loading beta stuff and presumably know what they’re getting into. If this stuff becomes an automatic notification, many more people who don’t know what they’re in for will say “Oh, cool! New firmware!,” and all hell will break loose.

I’m no fan of any automated mechanism to foist beta software on the general public. The number of posts and support requests from confused and upset owners would skyrocket.

Just look at how many confused people needed to be reminded to “refresh after new firmware” in recent betas. And those are people who are actively loading beta stuff and presumably know what they’re getting into. If this stuff becomes an automatic notification, many more people who don’t know what they’re in for will say “Oh, cool! New firmware!,” and all hell will break loosI think you are right
I think you are right.

Back
Top Bottom