Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
A quick question, if I sell my Axe FX3, can I transfer ownership of my AustinBuddy account to the new owner?

Hi Les:

No. It's your account only, tied to your email. I prefer you don't share the presets with someone who didn't pay for them (and who, unbeknownst to you or me, might pass them on to others even innocently), but I understand if you want to sell the unit with them on it.

However, they will not get access to an account or future updates without buying the Tonepack.

Thanks for asking amigo!

Hi Les:

No. It's your account only, tied to your email. I prefer you don't share the presets with someone who didn't pay for them (and who, unbeknownst to you or me, might pass them on to others even innocently), but I understand if you want to sell the unit with them on it.

However, they will not get access to an account or future updates without buying the Tonepack.

Thanks for asking amigo!
Thank you for the quick reply!

That is pretty generous of you @austinbuddy to allow for the unit to be sold with those... I'd hope it was reset to factory presets only.
Well, I really prefer it isn't sold with them, as I said - it's more of license to me...but given the way Cliff updates firmware, presets have to be updated pretty regularly...so anyone buying his unit will not have an account and they can't get any TonePack updates... most people do simply restore Factory Presets when they sell their unit in my experience.

Is Live Gold going to have bass guitar presets also or is that only on the naked? I just got my new FM3 and am relatively new to Fractal at the moment besides talking guitarists into buying them in the past and seen HippieTim's fractal stuff at his house.

Is Live Gold going to have bass guitar presets also or is that only on the naked? I just got my new FM3 and am relatively new to Fractal at the moment besides talking guitarists into buying them in the past and seen HippieTim's fractal stuff at his house.

Bass presets will be in a 200+ Bass Tonepack to come, not in Live Gold.

If there is room I may put one Bass preset (probably an SVT) in Live Gold Bank 3, but Bank 3 (in progress) is already pretty full.

When do you think 200+ Bass Tonepack is coming to FM3?
There is only one of me, unfortunately. I have to finish Bank 3 of Live Gold, then do some adjustments to the three Banks for an Axe-Fx III version, and then the FM3 200+ Bass Tone Pack comes next. Unfortunately is not a simple port job from the AX8 version, plus I also have to work with a pro bass player. I will know by mid-Aust probably what the timeline will be. Thanks.

When I started to go through the presets I had a difficult time with the timing of the looper. That was very confusing, because I use the looper quite often and have usually no problems. Finally I found the reason for the difficulties: in all the presets the looper was set to quantize: on. After changing this I could jam along.
I'm still busy with figuring out which guitar works well with a certain amp and having many guitars is not an advantage for this task...

When I started to go through the presets I had a difficult time with the timing of the looper. That was very confusing, because I use the looper quite often and have usually no problems. Finally I found the reason for the difficulties: in all the presets the looper was set to quantize: on. After changing this I could jam along.
I'm still busy with figuring out which guitar works well with a certain amp and having many guitars is not an advantage for this task...
Yes. The tempo light flashes in time with the BPM which should make it easier to stnc with the looper but others have said this so maybe in a future update I will turn quantize off.

Hey @austinbuddy - I got a new FM3, I have already purchased the 1400 pack for FX3 - anyway I can get the same tones for FM3?
No. You can't port Axe-Fx III presets with two amps and two cabs and four cab IRs into the FM3.

You'll want to look into buying the Live Gold, which WILL work on both the FM3 and the Axe-Fx III (Axe-Fx III version coming soon).

The FM3 is better suited to the Live Gold TonePack than the more extensive Axe-Fx III Naked Amps presets. Also better for live use in my opinion.

Wanted to share my below observation about 13b FW:

Just had a run over all AB Naked Amps presets and can confirm that none of the presets broken due to increased CPU. Of course I did not have chance to try every scene, but I guess the CPU in the preset should already account for all blocks active.

Hey - I updated the FC12 footswitch layouts for a pair of FC6es.
It splits the FC12 into two, and keeps the selected layout sync'ed up between them when switching layouts.

LINK TO LAYOUTS - right-click and 'save as'....

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Cliff confirmed in a post that none of the amp blocks have been changed for firmware 13.x, so if there are any Tonepack issues under new firmware it will be the drive blocks - not amps.

But I don't think most of the drive blocks I used were re-done in FW 13.x and so they should still sound good (if not better). I don't recall if I used a Timmy but that one drive block did change. You guys can adjust accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom