Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Tanks for jumping in @austinbuddy.

Re backing up and storing them by firmware version, I'm there, it's what I've done for years with Helix. I've already backed up my Axe several times, and updated firmware too. But not to betas! Don't want to confuse myself in this new-to-me Fractal world.

FractalBot doesn't load individual patches, or let you audition them, that's why I was using Axe-Edit.

Re preset organization, thanks fir the ideas. As I said, I was trying to keep the factory banks, at least for now, and leave them where they were, so I wanted to load your banks one at a time and check them out.

Still figuring out how to live my Fractal life, we'll see.

These control switches default to OFF in most cases (meaning, the sounds are generally designed with them off, except for bright if that is on by default in the real amp). I'd need to understand better why they switch to ON for you when they are saved as OFF in the preset.

They should not come on unless you explicitly activate them. For the Dream Rigs XL yes you'd need an MFC 101 or midi controller and you'd have to set it up, on the AX8 I've done that for you on the foot-switch assignments.

For Dream Rigs most were off, some were on. Whatever they were set to I couldn't change it from Axe Edit. If it was off, clicking on didn't turn it on. If it was off, clicking on didn't turn it on.

I plan on it, but I have not bought 1400 Naked Amps for my Axe FXIII yet. I was just responding to Johnkenn's post and saying I had similar issues with Dream Rigs on my Axe FXIIXL+. The problem was that I could not turn on or off the input boost, or input trim, from Axe Edit. The only options I could think of were to go through every preset and click on the ones with the yellow dots and change the “assignments” to “none”, then re-save every preset with the input boost and input trim set how it sounded best to me. Or option 2, buy a couple of external on/off switches and add them set up to turn on and off the input trim and input boost. With the pedals plugged in then I was able to turn on or off the input trim and input boost from Axe Edit and save it how it sounded best.

Yeah - I rolled back to the 11.01 release and I see where the footswitch’s are still assigned to things like input boost (they’re yellow)...but they aren’t engaged like they were in the beta 3. But like tranzegodz said, they won’t turn on until you right click them and remove the foot switch. Not a huge deal, because I rarely use the input boost, saturation, etc.
Is there a way to quickly turn off foot switches and assignments globally? I looked around and don’t see anything.

Yeah - I rolled back to the 11.01 release and I see where the footswitch’s are still assigned to things like input boost (they’re yellow)...but they aren’t engaged like they were in the beta 3. But like tranzegodz said, they won’t turn on until you right click them and remove the foot switch. Not a huge deal, because I rarely use the input boost, saturation, etc.
Is there a way to quickly turn off foot switches and assignments globally? I looked around and don’t see anything.
What FC firmware are you on? Should be on 1.09. That may be part of it...

Hey guys, if you use the new global system file I include in the fw 11update, be aware that I have tweaked the Global EQ for Output2 to work with my Gemini Mission 2 so it has highs and lows cuts and mids bumped. Presets played through Out2 will sound different than Output1, which is flat (as designed).

I will probably set that Output2 back to neutral/all at zero when I next update the download zip file with an updated manual and preset/scene list, which I've started work on and hope to get done by next Monday or before. Thank you to @CipherHost for catching this issue for me.

Keep letting me know what issues you guys are finding, if any. Realized I didn't get the dozen or so bonus "JimiLondon" presets updated to fw11 (they end in v5 still) -- but they will sound close. That will be fixed in next upload too. Those presets are all in the new Bank C now, not B as originally done.

For Dream Rigs most were off, some were on. Whatever they were set to I couldn't change it from Axe Edit. If it was off, clicking on didn't turn it on. If it was off, clicking on didn't turn it on.

I plan on it, but I have not bought 1400 Naked Amps for my Axe FXIII yet. I was just responding to Johnkenn's post and saying I had similar issues with Dream Rigs on my Axe FXIIXL+. The problem was that I could not turn on or off the input boost, or input trim, from Axe Edit. The only options I could think of were to go through every preset and click on the ones with the yellow dots and change the “assignments” to “none”, then re-save every preset with the input boost and input trim set how it sounded best to me. Or option 2, buy a couple of external on/off switches and add them set up to turn on and off the input trim and input boost. With the pedals plugged in then I was able to turn on or off the input trim and input boost from Axe Edit and save it how it sounded best.

@trancegodz - some info for you. Once a Control is assigned to a FC switch, you can't simply change them in Axe-Edit just by clicking on that. The assigned controller always "overrides" Axe-Edit moves when assigned, unless detached.

Let's take the bright switch as example. Let's say it is defaulting ON and you want to turn it OFF. In Axe-Edit, you have to left-click on the brite switch, and enter the controller assign window.

Note the line/range curve of ON versus OFF. You can reverse that line/range (so instead of lower left to upper right, it goes upper left to lower right) and it will turn OFF by default now. And after that, if you click the FC switch, it will come back ON -- so you still have control by foot switch.

Or you can simply select "NONE' for controller type in top of that dialogue window for controllers (the left-click thing) and detach the CS switch for good (but you still have to save the preset to make the change).

Then you can use Axe-Edit to manipulate what you want -- once it is detached from a controller.

Some of this is covered in the original (v1) manual. I['ll try to cover it in some video tutorial's I will try to get together for 1400 Naked Amps.

So if you are building a rig and don't have any interest in the amp functions using controllers for your presets, you can easily remove them. My idea in including them was letting you do things like you might on an amp -- turn bright switch on/off, fat switch on, add a boost, etc.

EDIT: I hate autocorrect. My typing "including" became "eluding" in original reply.

Last edited:
Just downloaded. Only had about 40 minutes with it so far, but I'm loving it.

Looks like I missed the price reduction by a day (did I imagine, or was it reduced to $79 in recent days?). No worries either way, it so worth the money in saving on tweaking time alone.

Did find (I think) a minor mistake, the Tremolux amp had a Mesa Tremoverb cab. As expected it sounded very dark, and not a natural match at all for a vintage BF amp.

I'm learning alot on different mic usages and cab blending too.

Nice job Buddy! This was a colossal effort!

Did find (I think) a minor mistake, the Tremolux amp had a Mesa Tremoverb cab. As expected it sounded very dark, and not a natural match at all for a vintage BF amp.

I'm learning alot on different mic usages and cab blending too.

Nice job Buddy! This was a colossal effort!
@mikeyg - thanks, and I will look into it for next update. I may have used the wrong cab it's true! This kind off feedback is invaluable to make the product better. You might want to try and sub a Factory AB 2x12 Vibrolux M160 (in slot 4) or similar mic IRs, they are excellent Fender 10" style IRs made from my and Fractal's Tweed and Black Cab Pack, but included in the III's Factory IRs.

I don't like to blend cabs in the Cab Block if I can find the right single IR. Sometimes I just can't and so I'll blend to add top or mid crunchiness or bottom.

To me, it FEELS/responds better under my fingers with just one Cab IR in the cab block than 3 or 4 combined there... to me anyway. So feel free to use the mute/solo and explore to find what you like best. Tried to load a few cab options up for most every amp and auditioned as starting point, even if I have them muted for final...

Last edited:
@trancegodz - some info for you. Once a Control is assigned to a FC switch, you can't simply change them in Axe-Edit just by clicking on that. The assigned controller always "overrides" Axe-Edit moves when assigned, unless detached.

Let's take the bright switch as example. Let's say it is defaulting ON and you want to turn it OFF. In Axe-Edit, you have to left-click on the brite switch, and enter the controller assign window.

Note the line/range curve of ON versus OFF. You can reverse that line/range (so instead of lower left to upper right, it goes upper left to lower right) and it will turn OFF by default now. And after that, if you click the FC switch, it will come back ON -- so you still have control by foot switch.

Or you can simply select "NONE' for controller type in top of that dialogue window for controllers (the left-click thing) and detach the CS switch for good (but you still have to save the preset to make the change).

Then you can use Axe-Edit to manipulate what you want -- once it is detached from a controller.

Some of this is covered in the original (v1) manual. I['ll try to cover it in some video tutorial's I will try to get together for 1400 Naked Amps.

So if you are building a rig and don't have any interest in the amp functions using controllers, for your presets you can easily remove them. My idea in eluding them was letting you do things like you might on an amp -- turn bright switch on/off, fat switch on, add a boost, etc.

Thanks for all this info Buddy! Very much appreciated.

So @CipherHost found an error in the Bank C bonus preset area, related to a handful of bonus preset's Output2 blocks being set to -30db and scenes to no sound almost.

Affected presets: <<CreamyLive :SG v11 thru MagicWoman:LP/PRS v11 and *BandofGypsys v11 are the ones I found.>>

Those will be fixed in the updated Bank C to come within the week. Thanks @CipherHost.

Let me know what other things you guys find to roll into the minor fixes/update...

I just played another hour, and I'm pretty sure I have another couple hours to noodle later as well ;)

Favorites: Super Reverb, the Brown Sound patch, and the Komet 60 cranked up. The latter is perfect for that David Grissom smooth Plexi sound.

I just played another hour, and I'm pretty sure I have another couple hours to noodle later as well ;)

Favorites: Super Reverb, the Brown Sound patch, and the Komet 60 cranked up. The latter is perfect for that David Grissom smooth Plexi sound.
@mikeyg -- Cool! Am a big fan of David Grissom and fortunate to know him pretty well! Every Tuesday night he plays at 6pm happy hour at the Saxon Pub here in Austin for FREE. Crazy good.

One of the bass players David frequently plays with there is my friend Scott Nelson, who was my collaborator on the AX8 and Axe-Fx II 200+ Bass Tonepack we released in October; we'll get to producing an Axe-III version over the next 3-6 months.

Okay guys - firmware 11 Naked Amps banks are all updated/done! You can login and download this NOW - it's labeled in your account as:

fw11_Axe-Fx_III_1400+_Naked-Amps-TonePack_Temp

Pasting some update notes below....

The 1400+ Naked Amps is three banks now, and all have been updated to firmware 11. Moved the bonus presets into a new Bank C.

While it says "temp" in file name, know that all the banks are presumed final, unless you guys find errors which I will fix subsequently. I'm calling it "temp" because the docs aren't finished. I did include a rough .pdf list of all the presets/scenes that I want to arrange nicer later (fewer pages).

I've added a few Tonepack Sampler presets to Bank B from the released Brit Rock Royalty #1 and the yet-unreleased 200+ Bass TonePack (Axe-Fx III version coming in 2020).

Bank B also has an area reserved for future amp updates. Added the new Matchless DC30 EF model, there plus the Wrecker Liverpool bright. I add the new Express bright model into the original Wrecker preset in Bank B, and moved the Liverpool amp instead to this new area. I've reserved space for new amp additions (but you can use those preset slots for whatever you want).

I couldn't get to complete documentation by my deadline tonight, so I'm going to work on that for another week or so, along with some new walk-through videos that will be helpful. I also need to get an FC6 layout version together. When everything is done, will post here. Enjoy and Happy New Years!

Update release notes:

BANKS A-B-C UPDATE FOR 1400+ NAKED AMPS

This zip file contains a the anticipated 1400+ Naked Amps firmware 11 update, but without final documentation. Rather than make everyone wait for the whole thing with final docs and videos, wanted to release access to this update before New Year’s day.

The final documents and preset/scene list are still being developed and coming soon into your account.

Please report any errors you find on the Fractal Forum or to my email at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. The presets should be final as updated ARES firmware 11.x+ version for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III.

The complete TonePack update with all notes should be available before January 10th in your user account at www.AustinBuddy.com. I’ll send out a newsletter announcement when completed, as well as post to the forum and Facebook page. I hope do some video tutorials soon as a more digestible guide than a written manual.

If you are a first time buyer installing this, refer to the version5 README documents. Just install this firmware v11 Banks instead of the v5 Banks.

Bank changes in this updated firmware 11 version include:

• Rearrangement of existing scenes in presets to go numerically from lower gain to higher gain in most presets
  • Changes to preset names and scene names to make them fit “better” into the windows on the FC12 and FC6 Foot controllers
  • addition of “v11” at end of preset name to avoid confusion with prior version “v5” presets
  • Tweaks to volume level, gain, tone and to cab blocks, including more lo cut on many amp models with excessive bass under firmware 11. Use the Amp Block’s CUT feature to reverse these effects or lower the Cab Blocks LO CUT if you want to add more bass.
  • Most of these presets will be LOUDER than the version 5 presets.
  • Also included is a FC12 “Page 6” layout for controlling the Amp Block that can be imported into an FC12 using Axe-Edit III’s Foot-controller/Layouts/Edit feature. I’m also including my latest complete FC12 layout I’m using (all layouts as well). An FC 6 version is in the works.
  • Moving the old Bonus Presets section to a new Bank C, to make more room in Bank B for future amp/preset expansion and also inclide the TonePack Samplers in Bank B.
  • Fractal artist Larry Mitchell has generously submitted a great Strat preset under the Other Makers preset section — thanks Larry!
Thank you for all your hard work @austinbuddy !! Can't wait to download and test drive the new banks!

@honeypat

Sorry for delay. You wrote:

<<Just downloaded and dive into EDIT, however, it is noticed that in some of presets, there is LOOPER associated with outputs to OUT1, OUT2 and OUT4 respectively. Main out is only coupled to OUT3. But, I DO NOT use a LOOPER fuction in any instances. How can I help myself?>>

If you never use it, you can delete the looper block (but keep the shunt in place). It does't affect the Out3 as you use and state. Will free up a little CPU by deleting, that's all.

@honeypat

Sorry for delay. .....If you never use it, you can delete the looper block (but keep the shunt in place). It does't affect the Out3 as you use and state. Will free up a little CPU by deleting, that's all.

Your 140+ .temp version which I bought and downloaded reveals that despite of back to v.11.1 public f/w, it becomes mute with no sound when LCD on FC6 displays " = =/ or (Resrvd4fu) and gbtfc "... How can I help myself?

Back
Top Bottom