Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Ugh, I didn't see this until now. Purchased! Can't wait to dig in. For anyone unsure, this is one of the best resources for the Axe-Fx. I had the 700 pack for my XL+ and still use one of the presets from that pack as the basis for my main sound. Support from Austin Buddy is great. Can't say enough nice things :)

AustinBuddy,
I am attempting to set up my MFC-101 Mk1 to use with my Axe-III using Morphosis's tutorial. He provides setup files for the MFC and the Axe-III. The Axe-III file being "AxeIII_MIDIRemote_defaults.syx file.

When I begin to load this file to my Axe-III I get a warning message stating:

"You have selected an Axe-FX III Global Settings Backup File.
Warning! If you continue, you will overwrite the zglobal Settings (Global, I/O, MIDI/Remote, and Tuner).
A Global Settings Backup file does NOT overwrite presets or firmware.

etc...

If I do this will I mees up the functionality of the 1000+ presets?

AustinBuddy,
I am attempting to set up my MFC-101 Mk1 to use with my Axe-III using Morphosis's tutorial. He provides setup files for the MFC and the Axe-III. The Axe-III file being "AxeIII_MIDIRemote_defaults.syx file.

Warning! If you continue, you will overwrite the zglobal Settings (Global, I/O, MIDI/Remote, and Tuner).

etc...

The presets are presets... There is no way for Buddy to know or change your global settings. You should be fine...

AustinBuddy,

etc...

It shouldn’t. I can’t test myself, waiting on the FC12. It shouldn’t overwrite the presets though, but it will change any global settings you may have made and so you will want to review those..

Last edited:
Hey Austin !

Ben here. Just a few super quick questions:-

-> are the pre-sets all gain-staged across all the blocks (?)

-> are the pre-sets set up primarily for (a) FRFR live use through [say] a CLR -or- (b) Studio / Recording / Home Monitor use (?)

-> are they set up primarily for a HB or SC guitar (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Hey Austin !

Ben here. Just a few super quick questions:-

-> are the pre-sets all gain-staged across all the blocks (?)
Yes.
-> are the pre-sets set up primarily for (a) FRFR live use through [say] a CLR -or- (b) Studio / Recording / Home Monitor use (?)
Both - should work for both. I dial them in on studio monitors that are CLRs first, then I run through them all with CLRs 12 feet behind me as floor monitors

-> are they set up primarily for a HB or SC guitar (?)

Aa manual says, they were dialed in for humbuckers. You can use single coil by adding the MicroBoost in Drive 2, Channel C. There are some presets and some scenes that are dial specifically for single coils, like Strat or Tele

Thanks,

Sure!
Ben

I bought the pack and here are my observations ....

-> are the pre-sets all gain-staged across all the blocks (?) Yes ! They seem like it to me ....

-> are the pre-sets set up primarily for (a) FRFR live use through [say] a CLR -or- (b) Studio / Recording / Home Monitor use (?) I believe the answer to this is YES too ....

-> are they set up primarily for a HB or SC guitar (?) I think it's in the user manual where it's stated that he used a specific guitar to build the presets ( an SG that he got from Dwezill Zappa - IIRC ), and there's a suggested adjustment for you if you primarily use a single coil guitar. Also, there are a couple of "artist" type presets ( Jimi Hendrix & Eric Johnson ) ..., I'm guessing that those were built w/ a Strat ?

Thanks very much Austin ! :) I'll be ordering in the next day or so :)

Im not at my Axe 3 at the moment so excuse my terminology, but just to clarify re: the HB / SC thing ......... you wrote:- " ..... You can use single coil by adding the MicroBoost in Drive 2, Channel C .... "

=> I assume that means that the Drive 2 Channel C "block" is placed consistently for all the pre-sets (?)

=> MicroBoost is a setting in Drive 2 (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

Thanks very much Austin ! :) I'll be ordering in the next day or so :)

Im not at my Axe 3 at the moment so excuse my terminology, but just to clarify re: the HB / SC thing ......... you wrote:- " ..... You can use single coil by adding the MicroBoost in Drive 2, Channel C .... "

=> I assume that means that the Drive 2 Channel C "block" is placed consistently for all the pre-sets (?)

=> MicroBoost is a setting in Drive 2 (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

Yes. It is discussed in the User Manual as well.

Hey, I bought the 1000+ Naked Amps, wow these are.... intricate to say the very least

bravo man these sound amazing and are a blast to play... soon I gotta start looking closer at them and study the signal routing, absolutely impressive

5 stars from me worth the money hands down I wish I bought the axe 2 ones when I first heard about them because these are a brilliant guide for any tone creator starting out

:hearteyecat:

Back
Top Bottom