AustinBuddy Bass Tone Pack on Firmware 6

jamiejackson

Hi Folks,

Has anybody tried this tone pack with firmware 6? I rely a lot on these presets for bass but I also play guitar and am interested in the new features, especially the "thump" tweak that is getting a rave reception.

Added Speaker Thump to Amp block. This models the dynamic, nonlinear behavior of a guitar speaker. A value of 5.0 roughly corresponds to an amp running into a speaker rated at the same power as the amplifier, i.e., a 100W amplifier running into a 100W speaker. The reset value is a conservative 2.5 which represents, i.e., a 50W amp running into a 100W speaker. Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile. Existing presets are not affected and the value will be zero.

@austinbuddy plans to update the packs for v6 in next year, but I'm wondering if someone (who is more of an expert with Fractal stuff) has tried it or if someone knows what global tweaks might get me 90% there.

I know I can just try it myself (I have an FM3) and figure it out but I'm still not very proficient, so my DIY learning curve would be high--too high to accommodate this holiday season.

Thanks,
Jamie

I have been gigging for the past month or so with the beta4 and then once last week with the FW6.0, using various presets from AB’s Bass Pack.

No issues at all! No major change of tones, but I did have to readjust volume for some of them.. I had already changed some drives and other minor tweaks here and there though….

In any case, that’s been my experience with the dozen or so that I was using for those shows.

I’ve been using that bass pack for about 2 years now, through a bunch of revisions. No issues at all and I can’t really pick one target area to focus on. Austin dials those presets in so well that you really just gotta make light tweaks to accommodate your guitar/bass, that’s been the same throughout all the FW updates for me. Austin might hear things in them that he wants to change, but from a “I never know which bass tone I’m going to need” standpoint, I do the same thing I always did; go through the presets while playing the song in my DAW until I find one that works great for the particular song, usually just a light tweak to the bass/treble on the Tone page and then I’m recording.

Same goes for all the Live Gold presets!

Back
Top Bottom