Austin Buddys Live Gold - Pack - Opinions, please ;-)

Now I got a different question:
I do not understand the routing with send and return in FM 3 edit.
Will all presets have the cab sim on through out 1 XLR of the FM 3?
I disabled the cab sim in the general settings as I am using the mentioned powerstage and a 2x12 guitar cab so that out 2 will not have the cab sim.

My goal is to have the cab sim disabled through out 2 but enabled through out 1 so that I do not have to mic up my guitar cab in our rehearsal room.

Assuming I understood your requirement correctly, just use routing so that Out 2 does not have the cab block on it.
Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 15.20.45.png

I agree, Simon!

Yesterday I played some blues stuff with my band (Mustang Sally and Sweet Home Chicago)
and the Tweed Deluxe patch from Austin Buddys Gold Pack just blewed me and my bandmates away, they still could not believe that this dynamic, great tone came out from a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and a digital amp modeler, my Stratocaster was made for that preset :eek: :cool:!

Thanks again to all users that helped me to pull the trigger and buy the AB gold pack, best purchase for the FM 3!

Now I got a different question:
I do not understand the routing with send and return in FM 3 edit.
Will all presets have the cab sim on through out 1 XLR of the FM 3?
I disabled the cab sim in the general settings as I am using the mentioned powerstage and a 2x12 guitar cab so that out 2 will not have the cab sim.

My goal is to have the cab sim disabled through out 2 but enabled through out 1 so that I do not have to mic up my guitar cab in our rehearsal room.

Hi @MrCrossroads83:

The Send/Return has multiple purposes. First, it provides more slots for you to put in your own effects after the cab (a second row).

Second, if you use use/insert outside wet pedals, using the Send/Return (Efx loop) such as an Eventide H9, the preset lets you do that.

Out 1 and Out 2 (as shown) both have the cab sound. But you see that shunt hanging down off of the Amp that ends? You could take that shunt and connect it to Out2, and delete original shunt to Out2. Then your Out1 would have the Cab (maybe front of house) and the Out2 would have your Amp (but no wet effects) into your power cab and real speaker on stage.

Preset before:

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 10.11.49 AM.png

Same preset for tapping amp to Out2 for power amp and cab use (I'd also probabyl play with th eOut2 GLOBAL EQ to tailer the amp a little into the real power amp and cab, maybe cut some lows and highs).

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 10.17.28 AM.png

Hope that helps!

Yes -- this works too, and gives you wet effects in both. The default preset cab is set to be mono so your wet effects will be in mono, not stereo, this way.
Has Bank 3 been released yet? Not sure if I missed something or it ended up in my spam folder, but wasn't it due to be released already?

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I have tried some of the axechange presets and love them! So clear and full!

Now I am not sure about which pack is right for me - The naked amps pack or the live one. I use an Axe Fx 3, and mostly play at home. I would probably be more interrested in "recording ready" tones.

I guess my struggles are really that the naked amp pack has been out for a while, this one is new.. I am confused. It all sounds really good.
Some advice please? Thanks! :)

I am sorry if this has been covered before, but I have tried some of the axechange presets and love them! So clear and full!

Now I am not sure about which pack is right for me - The naked amps pack or the live one. I use an Axe Fx 3, and mostly play at home. I would probably be more interrested in "recording ready" tones.

I guess my struggles are really that the naked amp pack has been out for a while, this one is new.. I am confused. It all sounds really good.
Some advice please? Thanks! :)
My recommendation: get the LIVEGOLD, they are the best sounding "amp in a room' presets I've ever done and for one price you get versions that will work on both an FM3 and and Axe-Fx III (in case you ever decide to get an FM3, you'll already have both!). My two cents.

My recommendation: get the LIVEGOLD, they are the best sounding "amp in a room' presets I've ever done and for one price you get versions that will work on both an FM3 and and Axe-Fx III (in case you ever decide to get an FM3, you'll already have both!). My two cents.

Thank you! That's what I'll go for later today! :)

Perfect, I totally forgot about Austin Buddys stuff! I remember that the AX8 stuff sounded great. I will try the FM3 presets later today!

Just curious if FW 1.06 FM3 changed anything or if you do updates with change of FW? Sorry if this has already been asked. Thanks

Just curious if FW 1.06 FM3 changed anything or if you do updates with change of FW? Sorry if this has already been asked. Thanks
1.06 fixed a bug with the detune effect pitch block (so it works under 1.06 as intended, while in original 1.05 it did not, had to be a firmware fix to rectify), other than that no update needed for FM3.

Did someone found a preset/scene in the Goldpack that sounds like those chorus sounds from "The Cure", "The Smiths" or postpunk guitar sound with chorus and flanger in general?

Aren't those just Blackface Fender amp cleans - add chorus and flanger etc. to taste? Johnny Marr, right?
Yes, but I found out that they have a certain, special kind of sound that you won't get that easy by just engaging chorus, flanger etc...
You are in the right ballpark with these effects but it is not easy to get that specific sound right I think I just have to tweak it a little further.
Clean stratocaster neck pickup and a clean amp model with some chorus and/or flanger is a good starting point.

By the way:

If you think of the level of accuracy of ARES modeling to emulate tube behavior and every other component in an amplifier it must have been the easiest think for Cliff and the development team to recreate the Roland JC 120 as it just a (real good sounding classic) solid state amplifier :D

Last edited:
Just got the gold pack yesterday for my new FM3 and wow, I forgot how good this thing can sound. I had the same experience with the dream rigs pack on my AX8 but loading these up just instantly put a smile on my face. Playing through my Friedman ASM-12, it instantly felt like a cab in the room and had all the thump that makes playing with a cab fun. The low cut cleans the sound up easily and I can see how these can be minimally tweaked for a great recorded sound.

Quick question for @austinbuddy, I'm using an expression pedal in the pedal 1 of my FC6 instead of on the FM3. Is there a way to globally change the presets to look for the FC6 pedal 1 instead of the FM3 pedal 1? I feel like there's probably an easy fix for this, though that may be just getting a longer 1/4" to run to the FM3!

Edit: I missed this part in the video tutorial. Setup > Midi/Remote > External Tab > Set External control 1 & 2 to FC1 Pedal 1 & 2. Fixed and working perfectly.

Last edited:
Yes, but I found out that they have a certain, special kind of sound that you won't get that easy by just engaging chorus, flanger etc...
You are in the right ballpark with these effects but it is not easy to get that specific sound right I think I just have to tweak it a little further.
Clean stratocaster neck pickup and a clean amp model with some chorus and/or flanger is a good starting point.

By the way:

If you think of the level of accuracy of ARES modeling to emulate tube behavior and every other component in an amplifier it must have been the easiest think for Cliff and the development team to recreate the Roland JC 120 as it just a (real good sounding classic) solid state amplifier :D
Also use a good compressor both before the amp for sustain and level signal, and then after the cab block with light limiting for punch.

Back
Top Bottom