Austin Buddys Live Gold - Pack - Opinions, please ;-)

MrCrossroads83

Experienced
Good evening everybody,

in two or three days I will finally get my FM 3 (without HP out, but I don`t care anymore ;-)
and I saw the new Live Gold-Pack from Austin Buddy:

I heard of the Naked Amps pack, too and I wonder if these packs are worth the money or not.
It would be good to hear opinions of people who purchased one or more packs from him :)

Greetings from Germany and have a nice evening :)

To be brutally honest, for the amount of presets and variations you get, its dirt cheap. Just think if you are going to create 300 presets with 3-4 scenes for rhythm, crunch, solo etc. imagine the amount of time it will take. Even if you dont find everything perfectly suiting your needs, half or even less is still well worth it.
i am a hobby player, but rarely too much time to dig into all parameters and setups to make my own presets from scratch. This is a fast shortcut to get great sounds without spending hours/days of tweaking. I can just choose my favorites and start rocking.

Click purchase ;)

To be brutally honest, for the amount of presets and variations you get, its dirt cheap. Just think if you are going to create 300 presets with 3-4 scenes for rhythm, crunch, solo etc. imagine the amount of time it will take. Even if you dont find everything perfectly suiting your needs, half or even less is still well worth it.
i am a hobby player, but rarely too much time to dig into all parameters and setups to make my own presets from scratch. This is a fast shortcut to get great sounds without spending hours/days of tweaking. I can just choose my favorites and start rocking.

Click purchase ;)
Ok, thanks, I got it :D
I will think about it as I used only a few amp models of the AX 8 the whole time and tweaked them to my needs.
But I like the idea that they are all perfectly leveled and tweaked in the Live Gold Pack.
First I have to get my FM 3 tomorrow and start to test a lot of presets and have some fun after 13,5 months of waiting time :cool:

Ok, thanks, I got it :D
I will think about it as I used only a few amp models of the AX 8 the whole time and tweaked them to my needs.
But I like the idea that they are all perfectly leveled and tweaked in the Live Gold Pack.
First I have to get my FM 3 tomorrow and start to test a lot of presets and have some fun after 13,5 months of waiting time :cool:

Given everybodys system, speakers etc is different some minor tweaks can be expected. But overall, you will be a happy camper I am sure.

I used two of his packs for my AX8. Downloaded the new one yesterday for my FM3. MHO is that they are worth every penny. For less that the price of any cheap pedal, you have have dialed in and leveled presets for most any baseline amp. He leaves CPU room to add your favorite effects. Just one afternoon of playing them, I have about 6 tones picked out to gig with next Saturday! Thanks AB!

I think I will try out some factory presets first to save some of my favorites to Bank C first and then purchase the Live Gold Pack.
Thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts about those packs :)

I used two of his packs for my AX8. Downloaded the new one yesterday for my FM3. MHO is that they are worth every penny. For less that the price of any cheap pedal, you have have dialed in and leveled presets for most any baseline amp. He leaves CPU room to add your favorite effects. Just one afternoon of playing them, I have about 6 tones picked out to gig with next Saturday! Thanks AB!
Ok, does it mean that EVERY presets chain has just the amp model block but tweaked and leveled?
I am really curious to hear the latest reverb block as I did not like the spring reverb simulation in my AX 8 (had it until May 2019) and prefered to use my Vahlbruch Pipeline reverb pedal in the loop (by the way: if you ever have the chance to test a Vahlbruch Pipeline, try it. One of the best sounding reverb pedals on the market that remains your pure guitar tone).

Ok, does it mean that EVERY presets chain has just the amp model block but tweaked and leveled?
I am really curious to hear the latest reverb block as I did not like the spring reverb simulation in my AX 8 (had it until May 2019) and prefered to use my Vahlbruch Pipeline reverb pedal in the loop (by the way: if you ever have the chance to test a Vahlbruch Pipeline, try it. One of the best sounding reverb pedals on the market that remains your pure guitar tone).
NO. Just about every preset has amp, cab, drive, wah, delay, filter, and reverb, and some have additional FX blocks, and you can edit or modify to your heart’s delight (or at least to the CPU limit..)

Austin Buddy makes great presets. Dialing-in the amp is the most time consuming part of creating presets, so I'm happy to pay AB to do it for me and at least give me a really nice starting-point. That $79 is plenty reasonable for what you get. As someone else said, "worth every penny."

Fractal's factory presets are pretty bad. That's been true since Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra days.

Austin Buddy makes great presets. Dialing-in the amp is the most time consuming part of creating presets, so I'm happy to pay AB to do it for me and at least give me a really nice starting-point. That $79 is plenty reasonable for what you get. As someone else said, "worth every penny."

Fractal's factory presets are pretty bad. That's been true since Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra days.

Ok, thanks again.
That is pretty interesting as I only used the AX 8 presets from Fractal Audio, tweaked them a little bit and good a really good sound when playing live (had the AX 8 for 11 months until I sold it after hearing of the FM 3 the first time) so I think that Austin Buddys presets will really excite me as it seems that I did not really hear the full tonal potencial of the AX 8 because of the factory presets.

final word about large packs only without the ability to sample one -seriously? I don't doubt he put many hours in making them, but to blindly spend 100$ when you cannot buy one to sample it.?? Keep in mind these units sound killer recorded so it's really easy to make a pre set sound impressive with a slick backing track or on its own, then you get it loaded in your rig and at band volume in the room they don't work.

I've been using FAS products since 2011 and as stated above the best pre sets to use are shared for free!

FWIW, AB has shared many presets and knowledge thought these forums and on AxeChange, and those will give you a good example of what to expect.

And yes, there are thousands of great presets available for free - and anyone is free to make their own. It's a great system that works for everyone that takes the time to learn. :)

@MrCrossroads83 No, All the best pre sets are free period. Find Lon Todd's (@2112) IR's and pre sets and start from there. The IR makes ALL the difference as you sample through different IR's you will hear tones go from really unusable to WOW!

A final word about large packs only without the ability to sample one -seriously? I don't doubt he put many hours in making them, but to blindly spend 100$ when you cannot buy one to sample it.??
No doubt check out all of the free presets, and Leon Todd's are great! I look at them differently though.

Leon knows what he wants out of amps and effects and very generously shares with the community- he also shares companion videos so you can see how he builds tones and tailors them to his own tastes. LT's 5-minute tones videos are a fantastic place to start to build your own tones, and then if you want to sound like him, use his presets :)

AB, on the other hand, is like having your own virtual guitar tech, so you can have very consistent, comparable and stripped down amp tones (at least with the Naked Amp packs)- across all of the amp choices offered by Fractal. With multiple scenes all useful for guitarists, using a very well thought out method.

Austinbuddy,
Thanks for making this pack...and the excellent video. I have a question please about the patches and my FM3 rig. Can you please confirm that these presets would be good to go live and i am in !!!!!! I run Stereo patches.

Here is my setup:
OUT1 Stereo XLR's to FOH
OUT 2, left channel. 1/4 inch to my FRFR Friedman ASM 12 Local monitor. So mono here.

OUT 1 Config
Stereo,
Output level +4,
Phase normal.

OUT 2 Config
Copy L>R,
0db boost/pad,
Normal Phase
Output 2 Copy OUTPUT1

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom