Austin Buddy Fm9

Buddy,

Do you have a particular boost that you prefer (neutral, CC boost, 808, etc..)?
Neutral for me. I like organic amp sound.

That said, for metal amps the tube screamer or grinder can be just what you need to cut bottom end to tighten it up. So I do like it for those at times.

@austinbuddy - in your updated pack, are you providing updated guidance or layout for the FM9 to take advantage of the extra foot switches where the Control Switches are concerned? I don't quite know what I'm doing yet, lol, and am enjoying the OFM9G layout, but don't quite know how to easily access the control switch settings...

@austinbuddy - in your updated pack, are you providing updated guidance or layout for the FM9 to take advantage of the extra foot switches where the Control Switches are concerned? I don't quite know what I'm doing yet, lol, and am enjoying the OFM9G layout, but don't quite know how to easily access the control switch settings...
There are layouts provided in the pack.

As Rex said, you can easily import the layouts AB provides which are cool. I use a modified version of the OFM9G layout with a few changes. One of them is setting up an amp boost switch (AB's CS2) in my effects layout. Since it's something I like a lot, I may take one switch in the scenes layout and set that up with CS2 as well. If you spend a few minutes reading about customizing the layouts, you'll find it's super intuitive, fast, and easy to make changes in FM9 edit. Getting to know it will pay big dividends!

I`m looking forward to being able to use the Magical Amp Boost AustinBuddy talks about, that is supposed to really bring amps alive.... without the need for any external foot switches.
If you don’t have a foot controller then watch the YouTube vidor #4 I did in LiveGold series rhat explains how to turn the amp boost on/off using just the editor/

Yep, just use the AB layout file for the FM9 which mirrors most of tjr factory default settings but adds a few things…

"f you don’t have a foot controller then watch the YouTube vidor #4 I did in LiveGold series rhat explains how to turn the amp boost on/off using just the editor"

I was hoping that with 9 foot switches on the FM9, 1 could be used to tap engage/disengage the Amp Boost. I guess I`ll have to use a separate addon switch. Bummer.

"f you don’t have a foot controller then watch the YouTube vidor #4 I did in LiveGold series rhat explains how to turn the amp boost on/off using just the editor"

I was hoping that with 9 foot switches on the FM9, 1 could be used to tap engage/disengage the Amp Boost. I guess I`ll have to use a separate addon switch. Bummer.
Oh yes yes yes you can with the FM9, it's all built into the AustinBuddy FM9 layout provided in the download. Your post said "without the need for any external foot switches." and I thought you meant you had no switches available - misunderstood, so my bad.

Back
Top Bottom