Austin Buddy Fm9

So, I am working to get an FM9 LiveGold version out very soon.

I am having to fix a Master TimeDelay bug where it goes to 25% instead of 100%. Got that down tonight for all three Banks.

The FM9 version of LiveGold presets will all have a "-c9" at end of preset names -- so you know they are for the FM9 and Cygnus.

I'm adding an Out3 block to each preset (for an amp into real power amp and cab) tap, but not a GEQ4 block before it - instead, just use the Global Out3 GEQ/PEQ.

Some people are reporting some reverb type times are wrong on conversion, and honestly I don't have time to place 1000+ presets to find those wrong ones -- so for now, the FM9 users will have to manually adjust any "high mix" reverbs they find. Else you wouldn't get these until 2022.

Also, the Cabs will default to STANDARD resolution (like the FM3 does) -- so you can try ULTRA RES in any preset you love and see if you like that sound better, you have more CPU breathing room to do that in the FM9, unlike the FM3.

I had to import to FM9 from the FM3 LiveGold version (not the III), because the pitch block from the III version may not import correctly. The III pitch block is different apparently (more advanced, more CPU use?) than the FM3 version.

With any luck, these will be available/up by this weekend in your account "My Downloads" area - I'll simply add a new folder in the zip file, it will be called FM9 (in addition to existing FM3 and AX3 folders), and will also include a full FM9 layout as well you can use to access the CS controllers etc.

I'll post here and in vendor forum when it's ready/done.

Thanks so much for this extra effort AB. Your presets are amazing ... and your customer service is the best! Many of us here appreciate everything you do to make our Fractal experience better.

My FM9 is hopefully landing Friday, so the timing on this is way too cool! 👏 🍻

Do you happen to have a diagram of this layout? If not, no worries ... I can simply load it and check it out then.
I don’t have a diagram handy, but is basically the default FM9 layout modified to add an amp page and some Tap switches to other pages for extra functions.

So, I am working to get an FM9 LiveGold version out very soon.

I am having to fix a Master TimeDelay bug where it goes to 25% instead of 100%. Got that down tonight for all three Banks.

The FM9 version of LiveGold presets will all have a "-c9" at end of preset names -- so you know they are for the FM9 and Cygnus.

I'm adding an Out3 block to each preset (for an amp into real power amp and cab) tap, but not a GEQ4 block before it - instead, just use the Global Out3 GEQ/PEQ.

Some people are reporting some reverb type times are wrong on conversion, and honestly I don't have time to place 1000+ presets to find those wrong ones -- so for now, the FM9 users will have to manually adjust any "high mix" reverbs they find. Else you wouldn't get these until 2022.

Also, the Cabs will default to STANDARD resolution (like the FM3 does) -- so you can try ULTRA RES in any preset you love and see if you like that sound better, you have more CPU breathing room to do that in the FM9, unlike the FM3.

I had to import to FM9 from the FM3 LiveGold version (not the III), because the pitch block from the III version may not import correctly. The III pitch block is different apparently (more advanced, more CPU use?) than the FM3 version.

With any luck, these will be available/up by this weekend in your account "My Downloads" area - I'll simply add a new folder in the zip file, it will be called FM9 (in addition to existing FM3 and AX3 folders), and will also include a full FM9 layout as well you can use to access the CS controllers etc.

I'll post here and in vendor forum when it's ready/done.
Did Mark help on the high gain/metal amps?

Naked amps ETA?
@electronpirate - I've started working on them - I finished the Tweeds/Brown Fenders over last weekend and will start tacklign Blackface tomorrow (Sunday). But I'm traveling half this week away from the machines.

Hoping to have Bank 1 done by Thanksgiving (and will put out as partial update then), and Bank 2 by Christmas - then all done. Fingers crossed can make those deadlines. I have a lot going on my life I can't control that is keeping me away from my machines multiple nights per week. I am also going to TRY (no promises) to see if I can make an FM9 version of Naked Amps as well. That is not a simple conversion, because The III uses sometimes four Cab IRs or slots 3 and 4, which the FM9 does not have. So as I go - and this slows me down -- I am trying to move all the main tone cabs in the III Naked Amps into Cab slots 1 and 2 per scene, t=so they'd transfer to an FM(, and it would just chop off cabs 3 and 4. We shall see - that process is what would cause me to miss the above deadlines.

Last edited:
Thanks for your time and effort, Austin!

I'm pimping Live Gold all over the place anytime I get the chance! It's been an extremely resourceful tool as I'm tracking my album and need a certain tone without spending forever dialing it in. I'm joining a cover band soon and I know I'll be utilizing a lot of these presets for a lot of it.

Thanks for your time and effort, Austin!

I'm pimping Live Gold all over the place anytime I get the chance! It's been an extremely resourceful tool as I'm tracking my album and need a certain tone without spending forever dialing it in. I'm joining a cover band soon and I know I'll be utilizing a lot of these presets for a lot of it.
Thank you @RevDrucifer! That's the idea - give you a tone arsenal so you spend more time playing, less time tweaking!

Didn't see an announcement or an update, but like Live Gold is now out for FM9 -- just purchased yesterday!!
Yes, finished them mid week. LiveGold and 200+ Bass are both now fully updated to latest firmware, with new FM9 versions available.

The only thing that may not quite right in FM9 version - not sure -- is possibly some of the Mix% settings for certain reverb types (Medium room?) may not have the value I set in the FM3 version, but instead defaulted on conversion to factory Mix values.

But this would only affect a few scenes out of 1000, and ya'll can fix those to taste yourself if you spot one. If ya'll find some, report them in (preset name and scene name).

I just didn't have time to play 1000 scenes looking for this specific Mix% reverb glitch in conversion to FM9. The Mix% settings on the III and FM3 versions are fine and you can possibly reference those if needed.

Enjoy!

Hey there love, love, love what you’ve done to make my life easier with LiveGold. I’m not sure if this pertains to what you’re talking about but one preset that having a problem with is -2204Plexi50w -c9. On all the scenes there is a crackle even at very low volumes I can here it. As I play louder it gets louder. I bypassed the amp block and it was gone. Besides that all good.

Hey there love, love, love what you’ve done to make my life easier with LiveGold. I’m not sure if this pertains to what you’re talking about but one preset that having a problem with is -2204Plexi50w -c9. On all the scenes there is a crackle even at very low volumes I can here it. As I play louder it gets louder. I bypassed the amp block and it was gone. Besides that all good.
Remove the CS controllers attached to the low cut, saturation drive type, and brite and I bet the crackle goes away. Try it and let us know? Thanks for flagging it!

Woooowwwww!!!!! I love this. Of course the man who did this knows how to fix the problem but you don’t see customer service like this. That was quick and now it’s fixed. I removed the bright cap CS and done. I’m sold and thanks again.

Woooowwwww!!!!! I love this. Of course the man who did this knows how to fix the problem but you don’t see customer service like this. That was quick and now it’s fixed. I removed the bright cap CS and done. I’m sold and thanks again.
Thanks. We found this same issue on FM3. There are two chips in your FM9. One only does amp and cab. The other does effects. So attaching CS switches increases the load on that chip processor. But you wouldn’t know because the CPU shown is an addition calculation of both chips.

So if anyone finds an amp preset that crackles In FM9, just remove an unneeded CS switch like Lo cut or saturation or brite. That should fix it. But leave that CS2 amp boost in there, that really makes great tones.

Back
Top Bottom