Austin Buddy CS2 as Ext Footswitch

DoctorAK

So I'm making my way through the @austinbuddy Live Gold Pack, and it's terrific. Before I start really tweaking them to my own presets, I wanted to see if I could save some time.

I know he universally has used CS2 for Input Boost, and wondering if there is an easy way to just always assign my external footswitch (currently set as PEDAL3) to control CS2, or if I need to manually change the Input Boost controller for each preset from CS2 to PEDAL3? I have watched his tutorial, read the manual, and done Cooper Carter's class, just can't seem to find an answer. If the answer is "no, you need to manually switch it each preset" that is fine too.

You should be able to set your external switch 3 to be a stand-in switch for an unused switch in one of your layouts. Then set up that unused switch as control switch 2

You should be able to set your external switch 3 to be a stand-in switch for an unused switch in one of your layouts. Then set up that unused switch as control switch 2
OK, i'll look into this, thanks. But it has to be a stand-in for an unused actual switch on the FM9? Not an "extra" switch?

OK, i'll look into this, thanks. But it has to be a stand-in for an unused actual switch on the FM9? Not an "extra" switch?
I’m not sure what you’re asking. It has to be a Stand-In for a switch that exists in a layout. There are twelve footswitches in each layout, but only nine physical footswitches on the FM9. So it’s possible to use a footswitch that isn’t assigned to a physical switch.

You can directly assign some preset parameters to the external switch jacks. But using them as 'Stand-in' switches makes them as versatile as any onboard switch (minus the LED ring). This includes separate Tap and Hold functions.

Thanks for the tips everyone. After messing around more with the AB stuff, he has a good layout I'm trying and tweaking that has the CS2 mapped to hold on the scenes list, plus I replaced the preset +/- on Switches 9 and 6 with Boost/Amp Control layout and Tap Tempo/Tuner, so that actually obviates the need for the ext switch to do anything. Now I can mess around with other per preset functions for the ext switch.

This was very helpful in learning more about the unit though. Every time I delve into this stuff, the FM9 becomes more powerful. Just awesome stuff.

You can directly assign some preset parameters to the external switch jacks. But using them as 'Stand-in' switches makes them as versatile as any onboard switch (minus the LED ring). This includes separate Tap and Hold functions.
After giving in with the CS2 per my last comment, I did try to do this with tap temp/tuner hold to free up even more real estate on the unit itself, but I may have hit the limits of my cheapo Amazon ext switch I bought. When I tried it, it would continually go to the tuner as I tried tapping a tempo, as if it was incorrectly picking up a "hold" on the switch.

Oh well. I do like that I learned some new things here and will definitely make use of this with some other cool function as I keep figuring out more on the unit.

After giving in with the CS2 per my last comment, I did try to do this with tap temp/tuner hold to free up even more real estate on the unit itself, but I may have hit the limits of my cheapo Amazon ext switch I bought. When I tried it, it would continually go to the tuner as I tried tapping a tempo, as if it was incorrectly picking up a "hold" on the switch.

Oh well. I do like that I learned some new things here and will definitely make use of this with some other cool function as I keep figuring out more on the unit.
The switch should ideally be a 'momentary' switch that is 'normally open'. A 'normally closed' switch will be interpreted as if you are constantly holding the switch down, which will cause the 'Hold' function to fire.

Back
Top Bottom