Audio recording humor

Cubase
Also very true lol

Thank god they added a feature a few years back to save with a version number automatically on the end.

The smart thing is to say upfront to a band you get one mix, and a finite number of corrections, and that's it. Otherwise yes, the mixing will keep on going indefinitely. There's always something that has to be fixed.

Ha!

So true.....i reckon a yard glass still wouldn't be long enough for some of the projects i've dealt with over the years...

That's pretty great. I don't think I've ever been 100% satisfied with any recording ..... Ever. Glad I'm not alone.
( Which might explain why I end up with a BANK of versions of a single new preset , each time I make one on my AX8. )

The smart thing is to say upfront to a band you get one mix, and a finite number of corrections, and that's it. Otherwise yes, the mixing will keep on going indefinitely. There's always something that has to be fixed.
That would indeed be smart. The problem for me is that I am the band -- so I need to get myself to stop !

That's pretty great. I don't think I've ever been 100% satisfied with any recording ..... Ever. Glad I'm not alone.
( Which might explain why I end up with a BANK of versions of a single new preset , each time I make one on my AX8. )

Same thing for me. I have six versions of a preset I made for one song.

That would indeed be smart. The problem for me is that I am the band -- so I need to get myself to stop !

I'm suddenly reminded of the saying that a lawyer who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.

I understand your problem, I do the occasional mixing for myself as well. But at some point you gotta walk away. Easiest thing for me to do so is get cracking on a new song.

"Films are never released. They escape". - George Lucas
I believe the same to be true in the audio world. It either gets taken away from you because of a release deadline or lack of funds, or you have to walk away from it and call it done.

Back
Top Bottom