SOLVED: Audio Glitches switching between presets

atquinn

Power User
NOTE: This occurred in 1.13 beta firmware, but does not occur in the 1.13 official release

Switch between the first preset and the 2nd preset (make sure the 2nd preset is saved on scene 5). You don't even have to have a guitar plugged in.

What's up with that?

Austin

Attachments

• 1-Run Like Heck.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2-Scene5-Marshall H.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
seems like the Brit JM45 amp makes a noise when it's switched to. looking at the Layout Meters view on the hardware while changing presets with Axe-Edit can show you where any signal is coming from. you can change any of the Amp channels to Brit JM45 and there's signal when changing to that preset.

Yes, but the question is why? It only happens switching presets from preset "1" to preset "2". I haven't been able to reproduce it switching to "2" from another preset. And it doesn't happen when switching between scenes on preset "2". It looks like a bug that should be investigated.

Austin

Other interesting bits of information
1. This noise happens even if bypass I bypass the input block on preset 2, Scene 5. In other words if I switch to preset 2, I can't hear anything when I play, but I will still get the audio pop
2. This noise happens regardless of the bypass state of the blocks or which amp model is selected in
the amp block

Since I don't know why it is happening, this seems like a potentially serious problem.

Austin

2. This noise happens regardless of ... which amp model is selected in the amp block
This is not true. Otherwise everyone would hear it in every preset change.
Yes, but the question is why? It only happens switching presets from preset "1" to preset "2". I haven't been able to reproduce it switching to "2" from another preset. And it doesn't happen when switching between scenes on preset "2".
Because you need to change to something with the Brit JM45 loaded. When I changed your first preset to Brit JM45 and saved, the sound occurred there.

It seems several models are making a noise when loaded on Preset change. That’s the issue.

Maybe it's the JTM, but It only seems to happen when I switch FROM the Hipower.
If I change that amp, the issue goes away. Can anyone confirm this?

Maybe it's the JTM, but It only seems to happen when I switch FROM the Hipower.
If I change that amp, the issue goes away. Can anyone confirm this?
i agree that going from Hipower to the JTM is louder than any other amp, but if you watch the meters, any other amp still makes the JTM produce some signal, which then goes down the signal path.

perhaps it is something in the amp block that is specifically different between Hipower and JTM. the again, the JTM still produces a sound when changed to for any amp i've tried quickly. some are more quiet than others.

i agree that going from Hipower to the JTM is louder than any other amp, but if you watch the meters, any other amp still makes the JTM produce some signal, which then goes down the signal path.

perhaps it is something in the amp block that is specifically different between Hipower and JTM. the again, the JTM still produces a sound when changed to for any amp i've tried quickly. some are more quiet than others.

The pop happens if the destination amp is 42-50. I stopped testing after that.
And the pop happens if the source amp is any variation of the HiPower amp. I stopped testing after that.

So definitely look like someone will have to take a systematic look at things.

Also this is on 1.13 Beta firmware. Don't know if it happens on previous firmware versions since I just started playing around with the JTM45 again a couple days ago after seeing Burgs' awesome fuzz video :D

Austin

I can't test right now but I had reported a pop when the Hipower amp was used a long while ago. I will do a check on this more thoroughly later if still needed.

Ah yes, the “yet-to-be-released” phrase that causes lotsa salivation.

In a testament to how much I love the III, I don’t jones for the fw updates nearly as much as I did with the II.

Back
Top Bottom