Audio gap when using Looper

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi, I am presently using the Morningstar MC6 II as my midi controller. I have a bank setup where each button is assigned a function (record, play, undo etc). I notice that when I tap record it seems to engage right when pressed however every time I try to record a tight loop there always seems to be a audio gap after I have pressed the play button. My looper config is set to not quantize.

Is it possible that the MC6 just sends the signal slightly late and therefore does not trigger to stop the recording process and play? I have gone through it it very methodically and am used to looper with my previous Axe Fx II and my AX8 which worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Derek

Hi, I am presently using the Morningstar MC6 II as my midi controller. I have a bank setup where each button is assigned a function (record, play, undo etc). I notice that when I tap record it seems to engage right when pressed however every time I try to record a tight loop there always seems to be a audio gap after I have pressed the play button. My looper config is set to not quantize.

Is it possible that the MC6 just sends the signal slightly late and therefore does not trigger to stop the recording process and play? I have gone through it it very methodically and am used to looper with my previous Axe Fx II and my AX8 which worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Derek
yes, the MC6 has a delay so it can tell if you are pressing 2 switches to change pages on the MC6.

read their Documentation to find out about their Looper Mode, which sets the switches to have zero delay.

I though I was going crazy, I think I’ve got the issue. What did you change on the MC6? I can’t seem to find the reference in the manual.

Thanks,

Hi,
I am not so sure I have done it correctly, or as Chris suggested above, as I tried to find the information in their online manual but it seems that there is an issue with the link and it is giving a 404 message.

What I did was to simply add POS 2 (in addition to the original POS 1) with the same cc value and set it to toggle. when I first made the change I forgot to set toggle and when I clicked it it went into some really weird high-pitched squeal… Which freaked me out! It didn't stop until I bypassed the looper and then wouldn't go away until I powered down the Axe and booted back up. (as an aside, can sending the the wrong midi info to the axe do any damage if it triggers some weird behaviour?) Once I made the change to toggle it seemed to work perfectly and totally eliminated the gap. I think what Chris was talking about was something different but I can't seem to locate it.

EDIT - there is also the "looper mode" and I am not sure exactly how that is supposed to differ but I may reach out to Morningstar given the inaccessibility of the manual at present :)

Thx
D

Attachments

• 2019-02-12_08-09-26.jpg
    2019-02-12_08-09-26.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2019-02-12_08-43-48.jpg
    2019-02-12_08-43-48.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yes, I am not sure if the looper mode is a MKII thing or a new firmware thing but I am NOT using the looper mode and got it to work fine.

Thanks,
D

Back
Top Bottom