Audio cuts out in Logic

Lee G

Inspired
Getting a weird audio drop out in Logic using Axe as the interface. It happens when recording and in playback. The track is playing back as normal and then all of a sudden
sound drops out (almost like a fine cut to all
tracks) it’s only for a split second, but it’s noticeable on recordings. Any ideas?

Unfortunately this made no difference. Its so bad that recording is impossible. Constant tiny drops in playback audio. I tried another audio interface and it is fine so that is not the issue. I managed to (crudely) capture it on video at 0.03 if it helps

Last edited:
There's two buffers. A hardware buffer setting in the I/O menu and a software buffer setting in the DAW/OS. Check them both.

There's also sample rate. Even if OSX in the Audio/Midi is set to 48k, if the Logic Project is set to 44.1k or 96k etc., Logic will try to convert on the fly, which can lead to dropouts.

Getting a weird audio drop out in Logic using Axe as the interface. It happens when recording and in playback. The track is playing back as normal and then all of a sudden
sound drops out (almost like a fine cut to all
tracks) it’s only for a split second, but it’s noticeable on recordings. Any ideas?

Before you do anything: check your performance meter in Logic. It will tell you if cpu usage is your problem. If it is, there are things you can do, only one of which is to change your buffer size.

There's also USB buffer meters in the Utilities menu of the Axe III. Line should stay roughly in the middle while streaming.

I’m still getting the same issues with this. I’ve been told to connect the axe to another audio interface rather than usb direct to computer.

There's really nothing wrong with the III as an audio interface. People record with it all the time. Try other cables.

Back
Top Bottom