ATTN FAS Mods: My Name Has Come Up!! BUT...

greyanaroth

Inspired
Hi!

My name has finally come up on the waiting list for the Axe FX II (greyanaroth@gmail.com)!!!!!!! iSuperExcite, especially with FW3 out! BUT here's the thing -

1. I'm based out of India, so of course my credit card is registered to my address in India.
2. The CC is an American Express Card :-( (which is not acceptable on the FAS store!)
3. I want to buy this unit NOW and get it shipped to India via FedEx or UPS but I CAN'T! I've even found a buyer for my Ultra!
4. sales@fractalaudio.com does NOT answer emails!! I understand that you guys get a few hundred emails everyday from people wanting to buy your units, but it's impossible for us poor guys in India to get an answer from you!
5. There's NO distribution in India! This, after one of the biggest film music directors, Ehsaan Noorani, is an FAS artist! We're a very small community of musicians/producers here, but even then, it's very tough to score a FAS product!

So help! Please!!!!

Here's what I CAN do -

1. Wire the money to FAS directly with my shipping details, and FAS can ship it to India via UPS/FedEx with the retail invoice attached. This way it gets to my house REALLY fast and I pay whatever duties our evil customs offices charge us to the UPS/FedEx guys who clear it for me.
2. Pay FAS via my American Express CC and have them ship it to an address in NY (which is a registered logistics company) and they handle all the shipping, duties etc. which I pay for upon delivery of the item. I'd really prefer option 1 though...

Please please answer FAS guys! Everyone keeps praising you for your amazing user experience and customer service, but us poor sods in India have had a torrid time trying to buy your units! I had to purchase my ultra for 2500$ during March end, pay 160$ for shipping, and pay close to 500$ in customs duties!!!!!!! And the Axe FX 2 was announced a week after I got my Ultra. Imagine how stupid I felt. And that's a LOT of money for a guitar sound. But I produce and record bands and play guitar full time, so I kinda needed it. Third world my ass - we've to pay almost double the money for all the cool stuff!

Please respond! I need to get this unit!!!!!

FAS Mods have nothing to do with sales... technically only one or two actually have ties outside of this forum with FAS.

FAS has stated shipping to US only... it has taken them quite a while to even sort out shipping to Canada... let alone India.

Your only hope is going to be eBay or if you can find one used in the for sale section of this or some other forum...

Good Luck!

Have you considered a US based package forwarding service. This way you would have a US shipping address for FAS.

Yeah I'm working on that. Getting it on eBay is just too expensive! The biggest screw up is that I can't use an Indian credit card to have it shipped to someone in the US...

My only bet is to ask a friend of mine there to buy it and courier it to me...

Wow... no response on the email or on this thread. It's sad that FAS mentions on their website "Please contact sales@fractalaudio.com for information about ordering from regions not listed, or for other questions about ordering and shipping." and then don't respond to email queries. It's not just me, alot of the musicians from India have mailed FAS about buying their products, and despite endorsing someone from the country on their website, there's been no response from their end. I get it that they're busy, but this is just fail distribution and sales wise...

So sad and disappointing - killer products, but indifferent sales and distribution team. Cmon Cliff!

Wow... no response on the email or on this thread. It's sad that FAS mentions on their website "Please contact sales@fractalaudio.com for information about ordering from regions not listed, or for other questions about ordering and shipping." and then don't respond to email queries. It's not just me, alot of the musicians from India have mailed FAS about buying their products, and despite endorsing someone from the country on their website, there's been no response from their end. I get it that they're busy, but this is just fail distribution and sales wise...

So sad and disappointing - killer products, but indifferent sales and distribution team. Cmon Cliff!
Dude.. chill. Sales NEVER responds to post on this forum and it is Thanksgiving Week here in the US. Most of FAS are probably taking a well earned break! Venting frustration here will get you nowhere.
Some forum members have offered some alternatives. There aren't many ('cept eBay) as FAS has strict rules for US sales.. which they seem to follow pretty closely.
Give them a chance ....

Dude, do your homework and chill.

Get yours to ship by Borderlinx. That's how I get mine and I'm not from US and I don't have a US credit card either.

Back
Top Bottom