Attention Bass Players!!! Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about this last night, and almost posted to see if there were any clues. Decided to sleep (been sick) and work on other things instead.... and then this pops up :)

So how are they?
Thanks
Pauly
I'll drop back in when I actually get them, but that last clip definitely sold me, very useful tools, thanks for making them....

Now if you guys'll buy them, likely we'll see some new bass amps soon(ish), maybe an Acoustic in the future and a GK if cabs hint at what's in the pipeline, though they aren't tube and we could so use an old Ampeg B-15 for an authentic Motown groove (I think the 15s in the first pack will match up nicely with the amp section on the ol' Flip-top).

Cheers to all of you and enjoy the fireworks this weekend (the real ones outside, not just the awesome sonic ones in your Axe, though I'm gonna enjoy some of those myself...yay, more GOOD bass cabs, this thing's gettin' real for bass now, DB 680 please - I know, in the Wish List with that B-15 :D ).

I only tried them briefly last night at rehearsal. We had other things that I had to really focus on, so working with new cabs and tweaking presets was pretty low on the priority list sadly.

My initial impressions are overall good though. Of the bunch I (very quickly) tried, the 410t stood out the most. I got to spend maybe 15 or 20 minutes total with these so far though, so not nearly enough time. Monday I hope to get more time to sit down with them.

For what its worth, I'll gladly buck up and buy pretty much any bass cab packs that come out. I skipped the ML one as the clips I heard of it were pretty dang weak sounding (and we already have the Ampeg 4x10 in the box).

I too hope it shows Fractal that there is interest in legitimate, high quality, and variety of bass gear. I, am not really holding my breath on much changing, though. There are other cabs that I'd like to see, that I hope 3Sigma and Dr.Bonkers can pick up and make good IRs of for us. We're at the mercy of FAS, and just have to see where they go. I'm certain bass is an extremely low priority for them still.

Thanks guys. In about a week or so, I will post a survey monkey link both on Facebook and here to get a sense of the next cab set I should do, based upon what I have access to rent commercially from backline places. If anyone from Southern NY or Northern NJ has some vintage stuff they want to rent for 24 hours at a time, please PM me & I will include your stuff to vote on in the survey.

For example trying to rent Sunn bass cabs right now is like hunting squonks, lots of leads but very little opportunity in reality.

I have a friend in Toms River, NJ. I think he has a couple of Bag End cabs that would be awesome to get IRs of. Let me check to see if he still has them - if so, I'll put you two in touch with each other. I know a couple of other people in that area too, so I'll check with them. Can you PM me a good email address?

Back
Top Bottom