Atomic Reactor Passive vs EVM12l Thiele Cabinet

mrandel

I was all set to buy a Thiele cabinet loaded with an EVM12L (thinking I could not afford high end FRFR cabs) Now I see that Atomic has the passive Cabinets. I'm curious what the opinions are between these options. I'm currently using a Fender Vibro-King 2X12 cab with an ART SLA-1 Amp. I don't need too much volume. The only venues I ever play are small. I'm mainly a hobbyist.

I can't comment on the Atomic stuff but I am using my Ultra with a SLA-1 and a pair of EVM12L loaded thiele cabs and it is awesome!

I really like the sound of the EV speakers though and I have used them with all of my previous amps. Even if I had an Atomic I would probably use the EVM12L cab sim.

The EVM12L is nothing else than a ported cab that supports lower frequencies and it is supposed to be quite flat but NOT FULL RANGE. The AR is ported and uses a HF-Driver in addition to be FLAT RESPONSE AND FULL RANGE.

Some people here use the EVM12L with cab sim on. I tried it and I found it sounds rather dark/dull with cab sim on.

Back
Top Bottom