Atomic Reactor Explosion 50/50 (Gut Shot)

GuitarDojo

Headroom out the Guzungas!!!! Running Ultra> 50/50 > 2 Atomic FR cabs. Schnoogans!! LOUD LOUDER LOUDEST!!!

Gut Shot of the Tubes!
atomic_bomb-2739.gif

Since I moved into the rack where the VHT 2/50/2 sat with my ADA MP1 3TM (collecting dust) I am curious to jam this through the ADA and the Genz Benz 212's...
Some documentary vid coming soon..

My dream setup would be a 4HE SKB case with only an Axe-FX and the atomic 50/50 , I wonder how much heat it would give on top of the amp , any info on that. Currently run my ultra with a matrix and an aditional phonic power conditioner. Love it so far ...

Raf

+1

- what about the fan noise?
- what about the power on plop?
- where is it made?
- what about the garantee?
- how much for new tubes?

I am interested tough.

+1

- where is it made?

I am interested tough.

fan noise, barely audible when you have your ear up against the front. they are good quiet fans.
power is far more than i need to compete with a full band, drums, 2nd guitar, bass and vocals
think its made in china.
guarantee is 1 year i think, will check. there is a whole chapter on what to do in the unlikely event there is a problem
tubes, check out thomann.de. last time i checked it was 4x 6L6s for 150Euros (what ever that is in real money)

but all that a side, its the sound of this thing with my Ultra, its superb. a cracking addition to anyones rig. almost moved me to tears the first time i played it. lol

Alan

oh yeah, it might be obvious but the cooling is working front to rear, which is the best way to do it. after 3.5 hours of playing the other night at a rehearsal my rig was warm to the touch but by no means hot. i used to have a marshall JVM 410. that was to hot to touch after the same amount of time. i sold it to buy my blackstar 212, and the atomic 50/50. hope that helps.

+1

- where is it made?

I am interested tough.

power on plop -
You should have it on standby when you power up so there is no power on plop

I have to agree that the atomic 50/50 is a great Power amp. I have been using the Axe II with an Rt 2/50 which is a nice sounding amp, but the Atomic has tons of headroom and a beautiful clarity to it. Got it a week ago and have been putting it thru it's paces. I took it up to well beyond stage volume and still had headroom running thru a 4x12. It's pretty much dead quiet too. Atomic has a winner on their hands with this. Good price and relatively light weight for a tube amp too.

Thanks for for the answers!

I decided to wait till there is more user info and A/B info on the Atomic and the Matrix.
My ART still performs nice enough to wait.
But living in the EU it prob will be the Matrix because it is half the price of the Atomic and no yearly new tube expences. Decision.....decisions....but first a nice holiday.

Rock on!

Thanks for for the answers!

I decided to wait till there is more user info and A/B info on the Atomic and the Matrix.
My ART still performs nice enough to wait.
But living in the EU it prob will be the Matrix because it is half the price of the Atomic and no yearly new tube expences. Decision.....decisions....but first a nice holiday.

Rock on!

Atomic 50/50 available in EU @ G66
http://www.g66.eu/index.php?page=sh...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

Back
Top Bottom