Atomic FR Protective Cover

Heard back from Susan at Studio Slips. She said they would be happy to offer covers, they just need the dimensions. Lead time is around 1 to 2 weeks. They do offer discount prices for 3 or more pieces. 10% for 3 or 4, 15% for 5 or more. Larger discounts for bigger orders.

I've email Tom to see if he is willing to supply the detailed size info rather than one of us having to take the measurements.

Can we do a sign-up list straight through studio slips or how do we go about organizing it? I would like my cover (clamshell) ASAP so my FR doesn't get thrashed.

(I removed the estimate calculator because there is contradicting info here on the actual dimensions. Until I have mine or someone posts actual dimensions I don't know which dimensions are correct.)

Just one quick thought...

Has adding casters to the bottom of the FR crossed anybody's mind? I don't have mine yet so it's hard for me to decide but I was just wondering...

i wondered about ordering it like a gig bag, so there is one handle to carry it with instead of two, the straps could be stitched all the way around the bag (down the front, under the bottom and up the back) for maximum support. For balance purposes it would need to be centered a little toward the amp side to pick up the additional weight.
just thinking.

I've moved my FR around quite a bit now. My personal preference for a cover would be for a clamshell bag with handles for ease of carrying. The handles would be a continuous loop from one side to the other - going under the bottom of the FR for support while carrying. Similar to this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... e=googleps
With this confg, there would be no need for the FR's handles to be cut into the bag.
Leather added to the feet locations would be a useful upgrade.

Both Tuki and Studio Slips make excellent covers - I've used both over the years, and you can't go wrong with either. Pricey, but well worth it.

One of the my favorite features that both places offer is actually the strap on the bottom that secures the cover to the cab/combo. It seems like a small thing, but being the owner of a small Honda Civic, it really helps the cover say on when I'm shoving the cab/combo in/out of tight spaces.

I don't have the Fratomic but I can say that Studio Slips does make a sweet cover. I got a clamshell for Bogner Duende 1x12 a couple of years ago and it is awesome, very well made, Susan is great to deal with.

Dutch said:
I think I've seen a couple LeCovers on Scott Peterson's pics too. Although I couldn't find them so I might be mistaking him for somebody else... But I have seen them on the forum.

I've used Larry for about 11 years and have had him do dozens and dozens of covers over the years. Highly recommend both the product and the service. If they make a mistake on size, they make a new one, no questions asked. Absolutely top notch work, quality covers that last.

I know I'm a Dutchman, we have some sort of reputation of being cheaper than Scotsmen, but I really don't see why you would want to pay almost twice Larry's price for a Studioslips. Larry offers bottom flaps and I'm sure he can be talked into wraparound nylon belts too.

I'm sure Studioslips are very nice covers, but so are Larry's.

Well, whatever, it's your money.

how about a road case for the atomic fr? surely i'm not the only one who plans on gigging extensively with these things if all sounds as planned

Heard back from Susan at Studio Slips and they now have the Atomic Reactor FR listed on their web site. She said she has already filled a couple of orders this week; a cover and a clamshell.

Was that anyone here?

i ordered a clamshell:
carrying handles offset to balance the weight (no cutout for the amps handles), added leather at the feet and added a pocket on the side
Just got notification that it shipped and should have next week.

I didn't send them originally. But I checked what she had against my unit and it looked spot on.

I'll know for sure once I get the cover.

I'll post here once I get it. Pics too if I can figure that out.

G

i sent her my measurements.
regardless of who makes the cabinet..even if she has the factory specs on file- you will still be asked to measure and verify the dimensions of your own cabinet. Thats just her policy-protects her from mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom