Atomic CLR's on sale 899 https://atomicamps.com/

Bought 2 Active -2010s brand new both died both 'repaired' both died a month later collecting dust ever since. Stable electric in my house and never left my studio. 2 New Active CLRs OG. All died, all repaired all died shortly after sitting dead... Great sound but cheapo parts. Tom is nice guy but... so am I. Disappointing probably should have gone passive. That's why there is a waste basket icon next to the crossed out CLR on my signature. Don't know if I have the strength to go to support again. it's exhausting.
If you have dead ones, I am interested in purchasing if you’re willing to sell (provided the price is right).

Got a notice that it's the final week of the winter sale and an additional 100$ off the 899$ sale price for a stereo pair. I pulled the trigger.

My original pair still work but one is slightly noisy sometimes. A month or so after getting them 10+ years now? One of the amps stopped working, Tom called me personally and sent a replacement amp section, he even offered to talk me through switching it out, but I managed (sent the old one back).

Ultimate wish is to have a lightweight stereo version with 2 10" neodymium speakers in one compact cab.

Whatever happened to the Jay Mitchell project (smaller option) he announced a few years ago?

Open them up and make sure all connections are snug. But it sounds like what happened to me on the very early non NEO versions on one of mine. The dreaded crappy built capacitors on the power board. I sent the board in and they sent me another. No problems since. I hope they will do the same for you. I use guitar synths and backing tracks, so these speakers are the best for me.
I have a pair purchased in 2013 or 2014 (non NEO). One of them had a buzz that would occur intermittently, I figured it was the jack as they seem a little flimsy. They rarely get moved or leave the house. A couple weeks ago, the one in question had zero output, the heat seek didn't warm up....took it to someone that works on amps and he said most all of the guts were sub-par. He is doing some soldering and replacing inner cables, I should have it back this weekend. I may take the other one to him, although it is (currently) working fine. I have been more than happy with the sound, especially in stereo but don't plan in buying others as this is now just a hobby and not making any $$ musically. Just an FYI if you are having this type of problem.

Back
Top Bottom