Atomic CLR's on sale 899 https://atomicamps.com/

I was totally gonna do the Elis.8s, in my cart ready to pull the trigger, and I was getting crap from a friend for not getting the MF10's. Hope I made the right choice.......
Both are great you can’t go wrong with one of them.
The Elis8 has a slightly mod bump in comparison to the MF10 but you will definitely have a lot of fun!

Reactions: Ole
Watching what happens here. I have two CLRs that are mostly paperweights at the moment as they only work intermittently and can't get any support. The biggest "problem" is they sound SO good other options I've tried don't seem to hit the mark. for me.....
Am I crazy enough to buy again? I didn't think so until this sale lol. I'd only buy a single though, if it's useless after 5 years I'm only out $900 instead of a couple grand for a stereo set up. Even though a stereo CLR rig sound glorious

Watching what happens here. I have two CLRs that are mostly paperweights at the moment as they only work intermittently and can't get any support. The biggest "problem" is they sound SO good other options I've tried don't seem to hit the mark. for me.....
Am I crazy enough to buy again? I didn't think so until this sale lol. I'd only buy a single though, if it's useless after 5 years I'm only out $900 instead of a couple grand for a stereo set up. Even though a stereo CLR rig sound glorious
Open them up and make sure all connections are snug. But it sounds like what happened to me on the very early non NEO versions on one of mine. The dreaded crappy built capacitors on the power board. I sent the board in and they sent me another. No problems since. I hope they will do the same for you. I use guitar synths and backing tracks, so these speakers are the best for me.

I'm having another not good experience with Atomic and Tom. I emailed Tom at his personal email and his account through Atomic. After a few days he reached out to me on this forum and said he never got it because I shouldve made a support email and gotten a support number. So I did that and he actually called and said he could get me a replacement speaker and would get it arranged and Call me the next day. I never heard back and it's been a few days now. I messaged him through Here last night and still nothing. I emailed again through the support email I made earlier and nothing. I love my CLRs but this is terrible.

Last edited:
Buy, swap the guts, return.
I normally wouldn't condone such behavior, but Atomic has basically stolen from countless customers at this point, and you gotta do what you gotta do to to try to make yourself whole.

I hate to keep this up so it's the last time I post on the matter. Kicking a dead horse and all. Last thing I heard from Tom and then radio silence again. Third time at least! I blurred my name because I go by my middle name and Hate my actual first name!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_233721_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_233721_Gmail.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 53
Originally was going to order a pair and they sold out. Got a pair of the MF10’s and was not blown away. They were slightly better than my Laney LFR112 but not $2500 better. Returned them and preordered the CLR’s with the anticipated 1/15 ship date. Originally their customer service was very responsive but my inquiries in the last week asking if they were still on track for the 1/15 shipping have resulted in crickets. Anyone hear an update on the preorders?

Yeah, I hate that such a good sounding product is so poorly supported. I did buy a new one some time back, when things were looking like a turnaround was happening for them. They’re right there with RCF as the best sounding speakers I’ve heard. The EV many here are using looks good, as do the one FAS is advertising. At least you know those two companies will be here when needed. I might even check out the Fender FR speaker, although I have much preferred coaxial speakers over speaker/horn configurations. The price is certainly enticing. Unfortunately, performance grade speakers remain the weakest link in the ecosystem of modeling.

Bought 2 Active -2010s brand new both died both 'repaired' both died a month later collecting dust ever since. Stable electric in my house and never left my studio. 2 New Active CLRs OG. All died, all repaired all died shortly after sitting dead... Great sound but cheapo parts. Tom is nice guy but... so am I. Disappointing probably should have gone passive. That's why there is a waste basket icon next to the crossed out CLR on my signature. Don't know if I have the strength to go to support again. it's exhausting.

Back
Top Bottom