Atomic CLR in the house,,, possible problems.

So I just received a used CLR(active), it looks okay cosmetically but all I can get out of it so far is a thin transistor radio sound. I'm hoping this is just a setting that needs adjusting. I'm plugging into the front input on the AxeFX (I/O, input set to front), got two balanced outs going to the CLR, outputs set to stereo and I've tried the L+R and other settings. Volume settings are about normal IMO. Is there some other setting that needs attention?

thx
David

test the CLR with ONE CHANNEL of a different source of audio, such as computer/laptop, iPod, electronic keyboard, etc. If the problem persists, sounds like you should return the CLR for your money back.

test the CLR with ONE CHANNEL of a different source of audio, such as computer/laptop, iPod, electronic keyboard, etc. If the problem persists, sounds like you should return the CLR for your money back.
...or exchange it for one that works.

I've already tried most of these but there are a few I haven't. I like the idea of running something else through it though I'm not sure if I've got anything that converts over to 1/4" cable or XLR...

can you confirm you've tried a single cable from the Axe to the CLR, instead of 2 cables, which may cause phase cancellation. you can't get stereo sound from a single speaker anyway, so there's no reason to plug both L & R outputs into the CLR.

does your Axe sound "normal" with any other speaker or mixer etc?

Wonder if there's some sort of phase cancellation going on. The dual inputs are not stereo inputs. They're supposed to be from two different sources (e.g. Axe Fx + Mixer send).

Sounds like one of the leads to the woofer might have been jarred loose in shipping...? Open her up and make sure that all cable leads and harnesses are secure...

just plug your guitar or a mic straight in man.... easy test, and will determine if it's the CLR or the Axe FX instantly.

Thin transistor radio sound... almost sounds as if the woofer has a bad connection, and the tweeter is the only driver functioning. Maybe? I'd look inside for any loose connections, if you can.

Wonder if there's some sort of phase cancellation going on. The dual inputs are not stereo inputs. They're supposed to be from two different sources (e.g. Axe Fx + Mixer send).
Probably not. I think the DSP takes care of all that.
I've heard them with both outs into the CLR. No prob.

Back
Top Bottom