Atomic CLR at outdoor venue

javajunkie

This Friday, we had a last minute gig at a bar and grill with a huge patio that wraps around the building. I was pretty cool we played from ~6:30 to 10:30pm.
I had never been there before. When I got there to set up, the place was absolutely packed inside and out. I had turned the CLRs up a bit because we were outdoors. I quickly had to turn them down when our sound guys eyes got super big :). Plently of volume to carry a room if needed.

The night was spectacular. Even though there was hardly any room, people were up and dancing the whole night. Everyone looked like there were having a blast. The place stayed packed the entire time were playing. The owner was very pleased to say the least.

He was a really great guy. He even helped us unload our gear to set up! That was a first.

Anyway the CLRs worked really well in an outdoor setting. They were plenty loud. My guitar feedback nicely once I found "the" spot. I was extremely happy with there performance.

Last edited:
Care to share some more details? Were you using the CLRs for just guitar? Any guitar signal going through the PA?

Excellent. What's your bands song (that's full of mojo) that gets the crowd going?

No particular one that night.

first song they got up for was our second one - Muse "Starlight". Apparently we had some Muse fans. Our third set we do "Uprising" and that was popular.

Our second set we call the NITRO set. It is 45 minutes of none stop dance-type music, we just transition from one song to the next and challenge people to stay out for the whole set.

songs in that set:

What I Like About You
I want you to want me
I wanna be Sedated
I'll be there for you (Friends Theme)
Should I stay or should I go
Play that funky music
Enter Sandman
Smells like teen spirit
You really got me (Van Halen version)
My Sharona
I'm a believer (Smashmouth Version)
Message in a bottle
Rock n Roll all night (Kiss)
New Sensation
Mony, Mony

Care to share some more details? Were you using the CLRs for just guitar? Any guitar signal going through the PA?

CLRs were just for guitar. Yes, guitars were going through our PA as well (Presonus Studio Live to 2 800w Alto Prof speaks and a subwoofer). We were monitoring in ear. The CLR are mostly for feedback and reinforcement.

He was a really great guy. He even helped us unload our gear to set up! That was a first.

:-O

Maybe a first in the history of all time?

Thanks for the report. I've got a big, outdoor gig memorial day and I'm hoping my CLRs are in by then. Nice to know they'll carry the square we're playing.

Last edited:
Sean just curious how do the CLRs compair in sound to your Altos?

I never used those Alto for anything other that the band mix, so I really haven't compred them. We have several alto floor monitors (we don't use any more). They sound flubby in comparison to the CLR.

Back
Top Bottom