Atomic Amps - Tom King won't return my amp - IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For two years now I've been wanting a CLR Neo, but been put off by threads like this! I was expecting by now customer service had improved (and prices go down a bit?) but I think I won't be joining the Atomic users family after all....:(

This thread is very old and all these issues have been resolved or we've reached out to the customers and not heard back, or the person mysteriously doesn't exist. We do not do service over Facebook or Twitter. If you need help contact support@ and you should get a response withing 24hrs. Usually sooner. If for some reason you don't get a response you can try my tking@ email or as a last resort via PM here.

We answer tons of email every day from general inquiries, sales support, customers service, etc. There can be a few reasons why an email occasionally gets dropped - some having to do with an error on our part, some on the part of the other party (or their provider). Whenever this is brought to our attention the situation is remedied ASAP. There is NEVER an intent to ignore a customer.

Thanks!

-TK

Richard joined THIS forum TODAY just to complain about Atomic?

5 posts just making accusations providing no proof of ownership?
I will bet dimes to dolla's that Richard does not own any Fractal gear, and is here only to get help to return a Atomic product. I will be surprised if he even responds, after the problem is resolved, for the help when it is done. That being said, I offered to help anyway. This forum has the the most responsive base of any small cap music company out there. With few exceptions, the majority of us value the concept of "pay it forward", because we value the knowledge we have learned here AND appreciate the the small company entrepreneurs that research, develop and manufacture the high quality products that we G.A.S. for.

For two years now I've been wanting a CLR Neo, but been put off by threads like this! I was expecting by now customer service had improved (and prices go down a bit?) but I think I won't be joining the Atomic users family after all....:(
That's too bad as they are really nice amps.

As an FYI, I've owned a pair of the original Reactor amps, original CLR's and now CLR Neos and I've never had an issue with getting in contact with Tom over the years. I even received a phone call from Tom on a Saturday morning, so it always makes me wonder what's really going on with these types of threads.

Last edited:
That's too bad as they are really nice amps.

As an FYI, I've owned a pair of the original Reactor amps, original CLR's and now CLR Neos and I've never had an issue with getting in contact with Tom over the years. I even received a phone call from Tom on a Saturday morning, so it always make me wonder what is really going on with these types of threads.
I might "turn around" from my "first impression", maybe, soon....

I can tell you my recent CLR support experience with Atomic was flawless. Support above and beyond with immediate attention and a very quick return of my CLR. I have tried many setups over the years with my AxeFx, and I have found nothing that compares to my CLRs.

Bring back the the Atomic 50/50 tube power amp Tom. I will be happy, lol.
I am in the lack of ownership club, Atomic and The Axe :(, but I do read all
this kinda of stuff and will say Atomic does their best to attend to everyone's needs.

A few years back I had a series of questions for Tom on a specific product. He consistently and promptly responded, personally, via his email. It is wisdom to NOT pay attention to people who post negatively and run.

I had an issue with my CLR and not only did Tom send me a replacement part the same day, but he called me after I received it to see if I wanted him to help walk me through how to install it over the phone. He has been responsive to all of my emails and support has been second to none. When I see these threads I am always confused because my experience has been the exact opposite. I have had my two CLR's since they were first released and I still love them. BTW best thing I ever did was finally mount them on some poles as they sound even better now.

I'm one of the people that had a somewhat negative experience with Atomic. At the time of the issue the customer service was nonexistent. That being said, Tom has since contacted me thru this forum, apologized and said the poor service was in no way intentional. Fine, I accept and appreciate that. But by that time I'd already sold the product at a loss. Given all the positive feedback on this thread I can't help but give Tom the benefit of the doubt that he really does care about his products and tries his best to satisfy his customers overall. But you kind of have to wonder why this kind of reputation doesn't follow other companies around. I've seen a lot of threads bashing Atomic and I can't just discount them all because someone else had a positive experience. Reputation is everything in business and it seems like Tom is working hard to repair that reputation that's had a good bit of damage done to it. The ugly truth is that some, and I repeat...some, of that damage was warranted.

Tom was always great to deal with. Sometimes took awhile to respond to emails etc. but always came through. It was the product that kept failing for me :(

I just wanted to put some fresh ink on this topic. I got a CLR about a decade ago and it was absolutely brilliant until it blew about a year ago. I let it collect dust for a while and finally got around to email Atomic. I spent 6 weeks or a couple months without a response, which brought me to this thread. I emailed Tom per a suggestion on the first page of this thread. He literally got back to me within like 15 MINUTES and explained where the oversight was. My RMA had been cancelled in their system because of my delay, so my responses to Atomic were ending up in a blackhole. Anyway- I am packing up the mainboard today and mailing it back to Atomic.
Delays can happen. Emails can get missed\lost. But, I truly believe that Tom is a straight up guy and will stand behind his products.

I picked up a pmx-12mp in the meantime. When I get the Atomic CLR back up and running, I will do an a/b comparison. Going off of my CLR memory, I think the CLR is a little more "full" sounding, in a good way. Better bass response. But I really like the footprint of the EV rig. Lighter and smaller, and still very loud and great sounding. I will do the full AB when I get my CLR back up an running.

-Phil

I've just joined this group because I found this specific thread. I recently went through a "not great" experience with Atomic Amps and made a video to share what my experience was like, I cite this thread specifically in the notes of the video. I found countless examples of this behavior across the internet - failing to refund and ghosting customers. I couldn't believe how many I started to find. This is a form of theft called conversion. If it were only a few here and there or we could point to COVID as a supply chain or logistics excuse, no biggie. I love small business (I'm a small business owner too) so I'd totally cut them some slack, but this thread is a clear example that this behavior has been going on for many years. Regardless of a businesses good intent or email filters or other logistic hurdles, if you don't refund people for their product that you now have in your possession, that's a form of theft. I'm surprised more hasn't been done about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom