Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Scott,

Would you mind commenting on the output of the CLR compared to the RCF?
Can the CLR hang with the RCF in terms of volume?

I'm not asking for a tone comparison....I will wait for that review. :)

Thanks

Scott,

Would you mind commenting on the output of the CLR compared to the RCF?
Can the CLR hang with the RCF in terms of volume?

I'm not asking for a tone comparison....I will wait for that review. :)

Thanks

On a separate thread with enough time to adequately explore the context and detail the subject requires.

I'm order #22. :D I'm buying one active wedge for now, but I'll probably get another one later if it meets my needs. I definitely plan to use it for my Axe-FX II guitar rig. [I'm already transitioning from my heavy traditional guitar gear.]

However, I want to try it out for my bass rig, both with the Axe-FX II and with my other bass-specific preamps (Sansamp Bass Driver, EBS Microbass II, Eden Navigator). I'll give a report once I try it out in "real world" settings. My desire is to have one rig for both guitar & bass gigs using the Axe-FX II plus Atomic CLR's, but I need some time & testing to work out the bass side.

Last edited:
Was order # 26. 2 Active Wedges. Just got order confirmation. Does anyone know where they are made/coming from??
I have a couple EAW subs that came with pole mounts so I wonder if these will work on the wedges as they are supposedly
made to use this way.

Was order # 26. 2 Active Wedges. Just got order confirmation. Does anyone know where they are made/coming from??
I have a couple EAW subs that came with pole mounts so I wonder if these will work on the wedges as they are supposedly
made to use this way.

You can use a standard pole, the wedges come with a mounting cup. They ship from Atomic on the East coast.

Did any powered cabs get shipped yet? I was order #1 and got a cab but still no notice :|
That'll be the one Scott got to review then ...... hope he's not too brutal with it before it makes it's way to you . The final beer spill test he does is a real tough one ... but it will dry out ok I'm sure. :razz

Ok ... serious time .... I'd say emailing them or PM'ing Tom through the forum is your best bet to find out what the status is.

I'm seriously thinking about these. I will go with wedges as far as form is concerned. I just dont know if i should go active or passive. I currently have atomic 50/50 pa. given that i already have the pa makes sense to just order passives unless the actives offer a huge sonic advantage...but i've read on other threads/posts some from Jay that really pa doesnt make a huge difference (I'm not quoting verbatim..was my impression). thoughts? i know its a bit premature given no one has had opportunity to a/b the passives with pa and actives

Did any powered cabs get shipped yet? I was order #1 and got a cab but still no notice :|

This is a question best asked to Atomic. I have no way of knowing who you are by your forum name but found something in your order that leads me to believe you order shipped yesterday. You should have received a tracking number. Check your spam folder. If you haven't contact support.

-TK

Is there any more info or specs on the power amp used? What's in the manual is pretty vague. Apologies in advance if I've overlooked it in the previous dozens of pages :)

I'm seriously thinking about these. I will go with wedges as far as form is concerned. I just dont know if i should go active or passive. I currently have atomic 50/50 pa. given that i already have the pa makes sense to just order passives unless the actives offer a huge sonic advantage...but i've read on other threads/posts some from Jay that really pa doesnt make a huge difference (I'm not quoting verbatim..was my impression). thoughts? i know its a bit premature given no one has had opportunity to a/b the passives with pa and actives

I've asked this same question earlier, but no answer. There is the mindset that the actives would have better performance, due to the amps being designed for the cab, but that's not always the case. I'm sure they have done a great job on the design, but the only true test is a side by side comparison. I would also like to hear a comparison of the 50/50 and passives to the actives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom