Atmosphere/ambiance project - live & unmixed recording

bladlus

Inspired
A live & unmixed recording (so excuse any mistakes) of an atmosphere/ambiance project at a 1-year school - starring me (Axe-Fx Ultra) and a friendly North Norwegian drummer (kit + sampler).
I think this concert was back in Jan/Feb (2011). The attached presets are for the Ultra (Looper etc.) Thank you for the Mutronics Colorsound preset, DonPetersen!

Redwirez mix recipe for the Mutronics presets:

jonPhillipsMix recipe
TwinJensenC12N-R121-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
TwinJensenC12N-SM57-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
TwinJensenC12N-TC30-Back-0in.wav,0.028

Attachments

• 002 - Undulation.syx
    2 KB · Views: 38
  • 003 - Mutronics Pan.syx
    2 KB · Views: 27
  • 004 - Mutronics Colorsound.syx
  • 006 - Atmosphere.syx
I like this! Very cool. I've been wondering about using the Axe Fx for this kind of stuff but samples are hard to come by. Is that intro throbbing/tremolo stuff the Axe Fx?

I like this! Very cool. I've been wondering about using the Axe Fx for this kind of stuff but samples are hard to come by. Is that intro throbbing/tremolo stuff the Axe Fx?

Thanks! Yes, the intro is a louder version of the Undulation patch, with me knocking at the body of my guitar with my fist etc. ;)

Wow I thought I wanted an Axe Fx badly before this but now I know I must have one. Very cool. Are these sound exclusive to the Ultra? What was your live setup for this?

Wow I thought I wanted an Axe Fx badly before this but now I know I must have one. Very cool. Are these sound exclusive to the Ultra? What was your live setup for this?

Thanks! It's a shame the looper is mono, otherwise it would sound a lot cooler. The looper is exclusive to the Ultra, among other things. Here's a feature comparison table for the Standard and the Ultra. My live setup was a simple Roland GFC-50 for switching presets (didn't have the MFC-101 yet), and a couple of Mission Engineering expression pedals. I controlled the looper with the front panel buttons.

Last edited:
Really nice stuff. Can't wait to try out the patches. For a looper, look at the boomerang III. I run my axe outs in stereo to the looper and then the looper out stereo direct to my stereo QSC K12's. Stereo loops in excellent audio quality, the functions are very deep and intuitive and the tactile feel of the buttons seem perfect to me. Once you use the boomerang it's hard to go to anything else. Lotsa' youtube vids showing how it works.

Really nice stuff. Can't wait to try out the patches. For a looper, look at the boomerang III. I run my axe outs in stereo to the looper and then the looper out stereo direct to my stereo QSC K12's. Stereo loops in excellent audio quality, the functions are very deep and intuitive and the tactile feel of the buttons seem perfect to me. Once you use the boomerang it's hard to go to anything else. Lotsa' youtube vids showing how it works.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Hey Ben, really like the patches! I've got all 4 of these living on my Ultra now. Those Mutronics are sweet! That type of fuzzy thing is not really my bag but I'm hooked. I had different Mutronic riffs looped today and played along with them for about an hour. Very cool stuff...thanks for sharing!

I did notice your patch volumes are way lower than mine are. Do you intentionally make them quieter or do I just max mine more than most folks?

Chuck

Haven't loaded the patches yet but really dig the track. I have piles of sound design type patches but didn't think there was interest. Guess I was wrong, lol.

Hey Ben, really like the patches! I've got all 4 of these living on my Ultra now. Those Mutronics are sweet! That type of fuzzy thing is not really my bag but I'm hooked. I had different Mutronic riffs looped today and played along with them for about an hour. Very cool stuff...thanks for sharing!

I did notice your patch volumes are way lower than mine are. Do you intentionally make them quieter or do I just max mine more than most folks?

Chuck

Cool! Thank DonPetersen for the Mutronics though :). The other patches are modified ones from somewhere, can't remember.
They might be low yes. I can't really remember, as it was a while ago (and I sold my Ultra). I usually follow this advice, but I think I was in a hurry so I only matched the levels of the patches I was going to use.

Back
Top Bottom